Ghost new album

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
The dark, elusive Ghost will issue their sophomore album in 2013.

The band has been either loved or hated with their debut. To me is a case of love, the mixture of BOC choruses with MF darkness (and a clean vocalist) charmed me instantly since Hawk signal them to me.

Those we love it fear that the second album may not live to the hype made, but we'll see in due time.<

Ghost will release a second full length album, entitled "Infestissumam," in the spring of 2013. [FONT=Times, serif]Track listing:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times, serif] 1. Infestissumam
2. Per Aspera Ad Inferi
3. Secular Haze
4. Jigolo Har Megiddo
5. Ghuleh / Zombie Queen
6. Year Zero
7. Idolatrine
8. Body And Blood
9. Depth of Satan's Eyes
10. Monstrance Clock [/FONT]

Some days ago they offered a song for free in their site to download. 'Secular Haze' is good but not fabulous, still I have confidence in the band, who recently changed (or not, due to the theatricals involved) their frontman Pope Emeritus, for Emeritus II on stage (look in You Tube).

Decent band & first album. Kinda surprised that they caught on as big as they did.
I saw them live back in January & was amazed how big of a crowd they drew. (I still think Blood Ceremony, who was opening for them, is a much more talented band).

Maybe I am being harsh but I think the new song 'Secular Haze' is not that strong. Partly because of the weak production of the guitar sound. They are moved to the background and the vocals are much more up front. Damn! Even the keyboards are more upfront!

Also: I think the song is to repetitive. Judge for yourself:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I am being harsh but I think the new song 'Secular Haze' is not that strong. Partly because of the weak production of the guitar sound. They are moved to the background and the vocals are much more up front. Damn! Even the keyboards are more upfront!

Also: I think the song is to repetitive.

I think you basically explained why I don't think this song lives up to the debut stuff. But the debut is not exempt of not-so-strong tunes.

The positive attitude is that thanks to downloading we can evaluate the product prior to purchase, isn't it? ;)