Ghost of perdition is my new ringtone

dont do this. my little bro did it with hounds i think and it just makes you sick of the song, when you actually do want to hear it all you think about is that its a fucking ringtone

I agree, I had the Moor as my ringtone and a day later I took it off. So I settled for a novelty tune (Beavis and Butt-head Theme).

If you think setting it as your ringtone is bad, try setting it as your alarm. Apocalyptica's Fisheye is semi-ruined for me now.

Well, it depends... on how frequently you are called. And you can set the ringtone to the particular contact and reduce the frequency, so it won't make you sick.

See if you can set it to ring at least 9 times before it goes to voicemail. My bet is that it will explode on the 9th ring.

ha, i have prometherion by behemoth as my ringtone, and it is fun!!
it lets you represent, and make peoples jaws drop when they hear the ferocity coming from the phone.

lol, does anyone else deliberately delay picking up the phone just so other people can hear it, knowing full well that you can answer your phone a lot quicker than your leading on:)

I think "The Root Of All Evil" by Dream Theater is my ring tone at the moment. Great song, and I like it as a ring tone, too!

Some things to consider about ringtones:

- Nobody will think your ringtone is cool. You know when you're on the bus and some chav is playing bad techno out their phone? Or some emo kid is playing some shit screamo music? And they both think they're being really cool? Sorry to say it, but that's you that is.

- Don't pick your favourite song, it won't be your favourite song for long.

- Consider the following situation: You're on the bus or the train, you're listening to music on headphones, your phone rings, but you don't hear it or feel it vibrate, and you forgot to switch it to silent. Everyone thinks that you're being a dick and listening to music through your mobile phone, although you don't realise this until later when you see the missed call. This has happened to me a couple of times at least. Fortunately once my ringtone was one that I think was fairly obviously a ringtone, but the other time I wondered why someone was giving me dodgy looks and only realise later that they thought I was being a complete tool. That's why I think obvious ringtones are better.

I used to have the outro to Deliverance as my ringtone - I made a midi version back when phones generally weren't good enough to play audio files (although back then you knew when it was someone's phone ringing rather than them listening to music on it) - but I later had an audio clip. To be honest, it somewhat spoiled it when I actually listened to the song, although not anymore. Then I had something which I made myself, and after a while, because of above mentioned situations, I changed it to something I thought would fairly obviously be a ringtone - the 20th Century Fox fanfare. I don't particularly care if I get sick of that.

Twilight is my robe when DeFarfalla's bass lets loose has been my ringtone for years, not remotely sick of it, although when I spin orchid when it gets to that part I get the urge to reach for the phone.

i like using the terrible sonic-sounding presets in my phone. i think my current one's called *end of level boss*. it's a zippy little casio keyboard number that says i like phone music, but, you know, in an ironic way.

I have the opening of The Apostile In Triumph as my alarm, each time i listen to orchid and that song starts playing i instantly perk up lol