Gig Swapping - Perform to packed rooms when playing out of town.

I have basically copied this from the Nightmare Records forum as i agree it's a good idea for bands out there to network with each other to have a chance to play gigs away from the comfort of home without being ripped off or left with a show that is nothing like what you expected.
I know there are a few bands on here that post.
Here ya go:

This is where you can start networking on gig sharing, it's time to hook up and help each other make an impact in other parts of the country or world for that matter.

In this crazy Web world where every artist is just a blog post away from being hailed as the “Saviors of Music,” it is increasingly difficult to make positive press actually mean something. Sure, it might give you some whiff of cred, but a nice review probably won’t convince anyone to turn off their X-Box and go to your next show. Unless you’re blessed with that perfect storm of hype, media saturation, and industry connections, chances are you’ll have to earn your fans the old fashioned way, one at a time.

So how do you make touring work for you in this kind of environment? Gig Swapping! Sure, you can write promoters and club bookers directly. But even if you’re lucky and they say “yes,” you still might find yourself playing with a mismatched, under-promoted bill on an off-night to an empty room. A better approach is to perform with a friend’s band who lives in that town, a band that has the connections and fans in that market to pull-off a great live event. “But I don’t have musician friends spread out across the country like that!” I hear you say.

Well, with MySpace, Facebook, Twitter and online touring networks springing up all over the place that are modeled after CouchSurfing.com, a musical partnership is just a click away. Find a band that compliments your style. Ask them to set up a show in their town where you get to open for them. Then when they travel through your town, return the favor. A shared investment. It is pretty simple, really. As with most things, the answer is in REAL human relationships. Often times, these kinds of negotiations can lead to lasting friendships, too.
Why not? Metal Evilution works with artist from all over the USA, Canada, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Italy, UK, France, Brazil, Japan, and more...

So throw up a post of your next show, see if any other band wants to join you, in trade for a show in their area. The idea here is getting in front of another bands local draw.

talk amongst yourselves :kickass:

Of course dude. Regardless of how it's all set up you still need everyone who is involved in the basic organisation of and promotion to support the seemingly simple job of keeping people in the room for an unknown visiting act.It's a lot harder done than said but it's something that fellow bands and promoters should be constantly aware of.
It's basically just a case of respect in a lot of ways.Unless of course a band is truly terrible and then what can you do?

I dont think most other bands are interested though.
If the band is truly terrible, you watch them then note to see them once more in the future and then never see them ever again if they haven't improved.