GIRLS OF METAL hosted CANCER BENEFIT, Aug. 17th '08

NvmbrsDoom5

Jul 24, 2002
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
Hey all. Normally I don't use the forum to post this sort of stuff but I'm doing it this time, 'cause it's partly my forum and I can do what the fuck I want, LOL. No but seriously, I just wanted to mention that this Sunday there is going to be a show at the Pearl Room in Mokena, IL., hosted by the GIRLS OF METAL (www.girlsofmetal.com), where the proceeds will go to the AMERICAN BRAIN TUMOR ASSOCIATION. The GoM organisation was formed by a group of gals (one of them being my wife Jessica) who organise different benefit shows and fund-raisers to help raise money for cancer research and donations in the memory of Chuck Schuldiner.
This is a subject that matters a great deal to me, especially because my father was diagnosed with a brain tumor back in early 2006, and within a few months of diagnosis, he passed away that September. I saw firsthand how devastating this is to deal with, and how much more needs to be done and learned about this. My mother-in-law is also currently battling cancer. So if any of you local metalheads have some time, come on out to the show and hang out, there's some decent bands playing and there'll be cd and ticket giveaways for upcoming shows (including tickets to our show with SIGH @ Pearl Room Sept. 21) Any support is appreciated.

0808-benefi.jpg