giving metal foundry and 8505 a first chance :)

Emdprodukt

Member of Dude Castle 69
Jun 26, 2007
Kiel, Germany
The last few hours I had some fun with the 8505 ampsim and the metal foundry. instead of using any of the given presets in the metal foundry I decided to start from scratch and see what I can achive.

I used the DW drumkit, one kick only, snare is pearl sensitone aluminium, no other samples and allmost everything done within S2.0 except for reverb and some compression on the master.

because I'm not used to this software at all don't expect this to be one of my better mixes :)

bass is real with studio devil virtual bass, eq, compression and filtering.

guitars are dualtracked with ltd mh-1000 - emg81 - edirol fa-101 - 8505 - sir2 with catharsis awesome s-preshigh impulse (love it. really.), high/lowpass, some eq and c4.

what do you think?

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7913525

The guitars sound just a tad muffled, good otherwise.
The kick lacks alot of highs and some sublows/lows, same goes for the toms.
You should turn the snare up, the transient is a bit to loud tho.
The OH's sound nice!
Could you share your superior preset?

and edit the velocities of your tom hits (start rolls with higher velocities, and dip them down toward the end of the roll!)

metal foundry sounds quite taste-tacular, might purchase my self a copy!

thanks,

I allready did that velocitie stuff for the fills but it still sounded robotic. after using the transients designer to take some of the attack it sounded much better.

8505 settings:

gain - 7
low - 6
mid - 4
sweep - 3
high - 5,5
power amp - 7,5

I really dig the kick! thought it was allready kinda boomy/clicky. there was allready a boost around 60-80hz and a lot of highs.

felix! long time no talk dude :) great you like it! I thought you maybe allready headed to the US! give me a call mr. dudikowski!