• 2010's

Results are only viewable after voting.

CiG

Wondrous apparition provided by magician
May 22, 2015
W.A.
rateyourmusic.com
RYM film chart

Deadline is AFTER WAINDS WRAPS UP THE 2018 GAME. If you need an extension just say so and it will absolutely be considered. This is usually just a soft deadline to make sure everybody doesn't become complacent.

planet-of-the-apes-soldiers-pose.jpg

REMEMBER for those of you who haven't seen many films from this year or in general, you can always submit lists as small as only having 5 submissions.

(I've decided to not include animated films in my lists, it's up to you if you follow suit.)

Rules:

- Please submit at least 5 films.
- First place in your rankings gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, etcetc, 10th gets 1.
- Feel free to post more than 10, but only the top 10 will get points.
- Feel free to post less than 10, the same scoring will apply.
- Feel free not to rank your picks, in which case all ten picks will get 5.5 points.
- If you're so much of a dick that you have to post more than 10 unranked picks, the maths will be worked out.

giphy.gif

Wow, imagine how good I'd be at these games if I wasn't a retard.

List edited.

As soon as I rolled 1968 I knew you'd list Once Upon a Time in the West, weird coincidence that I watched it again just the other day. What a masterpiece.

Anyways I recommend checking out Hang 'Em High if you haven't already, really killer Clint Eastwood revenge western.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
yeah its one of the few films that i consider a total 5 star masterpiece. A perfect film. I can watch that movie on repeat for the rest of my life and not get "burnt out" ;)

And i dont think ive seen Hang 'Em High. When i was a youngster i used to spend a lot of time at my Grandpas and he used to always have westerns on but i never really liked them back then which is why i dont remember most of them. But ill make sure to check it out, trailer was pretty cool.

haha yeah i saw that. A bunch of very solid reviews. Definitely need to check it out before i finalize my list.

"This is as close to cinema as poetry I've ever seen."

"Honestly, anything I could write about wouldn't do justice. Language is too limiting to describe something so transcendent."

"If you took almost any frame, it would make a stunning photograph"

"This movie is just odd, its so psychedelic and abstract its hard to rank. I know absolutely nothing about Armenia or what they were like during this time period, but it feels super bizarre and like a giant acid trip. It almost makes me wonder if this is something the Beatles watched when they went on their trip to India. Either way, the movie is more of a visual collage than an actual movie that has much of a point, but it certainly is unique."

"Visually, this film will mesmerize you to the point that you won't know if your head is spinning or floating. The pans are so powerful and the symbolic imagery (although hard to decipher) feels like the esoteric daydreams of whoever this film is supposed to be chronicling. Unfortunately the overall story arc (if there even is one) is entirely too confusing and will leave most viewers frustrated with a bitter taste in their mouth."

Seems like a movie that Wainds might be familiar with

Reactions: CiG
Apparently it has been included in many scholarly greatest movies of all time lists too. Just reading on Wiki, it sounds like the Soviet Union at the time censored the holy fuck out of it.