GMD Social Poll: Top Ten Films of 1994

CiG

Relaxer
May 22, 2015
W.A.
rateyourmusic.com
Since we all know Wainds' 2020 thread will definitely run long, I'll continue with my threads as usual.

tumblr_938348b2663ef1059b8763f47bdf0bfc_b4eb1770_500.gif

RYM film chart

Deadline is NOVEMBER. If you need an extension just say so and it will absolutely be considered. This is usually just a soft deadline to make sure everybody doesn't become complacent.

REMEMBER for those of you who haven't seen many films from this year or in general, you can always submit lists as small as only having 5 submissions.

Rules:

- Please submit at least 5 films.
- First place in your rankings gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, etcetc, 10th gets 1.
- Feel free to post more than 10, but only the top 10 will get points.
- Feel free to post less than 10, the same scoring will apply.
- Feel free not to rank your picks, in which case all ten picks will get 5.5 points.
- If you're so much of a dick that you have to post more than 10 unranked picks, the maths will be worked out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bloopy
hit-slapped.gif

1. Clerks
2. The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
3. Once Were Warriors
4. The Sum of Us
5. The Crow
6. Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult
7. Airheads
8. True Lies
9. Drop Zone
10. The Lion King

It's a good thing Satantango is non-linear as I watched it when my insomnia was out of control and fell asleep twice. Didn't hurt to just go back and watch the bits I missed at the end. Won't be making my list, but even I found it half-intriguing so that might be a good sign.

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Clerks
3. True Lies
4. Ed Wood
5. Léon: The Professional
6. In the Mouth of Madness
7. The Crow
8. Speed
9. Wes Craven’s New Nightmare
10. The Lion King

Edited because I forgot In the Mouth of Madness came out in 94.

E0xH.gif

Last edited:
i recommend the invincibles (die sieger) for anyone who wants a wild macho crime/police corruption movie with a weird dreamy edge. might be hard to find though idk

Reactions: CiG
I watched Death Machine and enjoyed it, pretty amusing sense of humour. Rewatched both Natural Born Killers and Blank Check which I hadn't seen in ages. All good fodder for my list. Just need to rewatch Serial Mom now I guess.

This fan-made trailer for Blank Check is great, though maybe a bit long and shows too much:

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
1. Eat Drink Man Woman
2. Der bewegte Mann
3. Keiner liebt mich
4. Four Weddings and a Funeral
5. Muriel's Wedding
6. The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
7. Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult
8. Threesome

Not really sure about the ranking, but I simply don't have the time to rewatch movies. Listening to music is much more important to me.

Reactions: CiG