GMD Social Poll: Top Ten Films of 2015

CiG

Wondrous apparition provided by magician
May 22, 2015
W.A.
rateyourmusic.com
RYM film chart

Deadline is SEPTEMBER 12th. If you need an extension just say so and it will absolutely be considered. This is usually just a soft deadline to make sure everybody doesn't become complacent.

REMEMBER for those of you who haven't seen many films from this year or in general, you can always submit lists as small as only having 5 submissions.

(I've decided to not include animated films in my lists, it's up to you if you follow suit.)

Rules:

- Please submit at least 5 films.
- First place in your rankings gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, etcetc, 10th gets 1.
- Feel free to post more than 10, but only the top 10 will get points.
- Feel free to post less than 10, the same scoring will apply.
- Feel free not to rank your picks, in which case all ten picks will get 5.5 points.
- If you're so much of a dick that you have to post more than 10 unranked picks, the maths will be worked out.

ytrjtu.jpg

Wasn't sure if I'd seen 10 worth listing but turns out I have. Kung Fury was decent but I think I'll stick to feature length films in these threads. Here's a couple I'm gonna check out:

Reactions: CiG
Cat Sick Blues is on Netflix I think, might check it out too. That trailer was pretty wild.

Edit: nope not on Netflix, swear I saw it somewhere...

Last edited:
1. Last Cab to Darwin
2. Ted 2
3. Janis: Little Girl Blue
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Daddy's Home
6. The Martian
7. Trainwreck
8. Paper Planes
9. San Andreas
10. Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery

excellent year IMO. need to double check IMDB dates but i should be able to throw together a list relatively quickly this time, which is good as it'll let me finish off my 2018 watchlist hopefully

1 - Sicario
2 - Chappie
3 - The Martian
4 - The Hateful Eight
5 - Beasts of No Nation
6 - Everest
7 - Black Mass
8 - Avengers: Age of Ultron
9 - Terminator Genisys

Still need to check out The Revenant, Fury Road, 007, Terminator Gensys and that Avengers movie.

Last edited:
Fuckin Bone Tomahawk.

Krampus is also a new Christmas staple for my family. A lot of stuff I like here tbh. Will be a fun list.

Fuck, I still havent seen Creed or the Revenant or the Hateful 8

My top 4 is easy. Mission Impossible, Star Wars, Mad Max, the Martian.
But the rest is a bunch of just ok movies.
Also, I didnt really care for Sicario.
Jurassic World was fun, that's about it. Terminator was eh. Everest was cool.

I feel like you might enjoy The Revenant, Tech. At first I didn't like it much but after some time I came back to it and it just clicked, a very good revenge film with beautiful cinematography and nice violence.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
the revenant is aight, not really my thing but probably my favourite inarritu.

definitely rewatching bone tomahawk and the hateful eight before i make my list. i liked but didn't love them first time around and it's possible i just wasn't in the right mood.

i'd also recommend spl 2: a time for consequences (AKA kill zone 2) to tech and anyone else who's into batshit hong kong action movies. no need to have seen the first one, it's unrelated.

2451B049561D863C0C

Cat Sick Blues is on Netflix I think, might check it out too. That trailer was pretty wild.

Edit: nope not on Netflix, swear I saw it somewhere...
It's on Amazon and a few pirate streaming sites. I've paid to watch a few films on YouTube and Vimeo but I dunno if I'd bother fumbling around with Amazon. If their film content's not US-only like their digital music is/was, they'll be trying to slip a subscription to Prime in there or something.

I’ll definitely do this one. Leaving for Japan today, so probably figure it out after I get back.

Woah, have fun!

definitely rewatching bone tomahawk and the hateful eight before i make my list. i liked but didn't love them first time around and it's possible i just wasn't in the right mood.

I probably won't bother rewatching The Hateful Eight. Gave it a bunch of tries, just feel very meh about it.

the revenant is aight, not really my thing but probably my favourite inarritu.

For real? Surprised, I definitely feel like 21 Grams, Babel and Amores Perros are better movies. I still need to see Biutiful and Birdman but I hear good things.

Last edited: