GMD SONG SURVIVOR: DREAM DEATH - JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY, ROUND 1

Vote for your 3 least favorite songs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RadicalThrasher

Jan 30, 2016
Chicagoland, Illinois
R-1842499-1518981924-6768.jpeg.jpg

See this on a lot of best of '87 lists, so figured It would be worthy. I'm thinking 3 rounds.
How the game works:
Vote for your 3 least favorite tracks you'd like to see removed. This round will be open for 4 days.
We do this until the 2 best tracks remain, then vote for a winner.

Needed to give the album another listen because most of the songs have continued to grow over the years.

Hear My Screams has always been the weak one out and still is, but it's still quite good for a simple Exodus-style thrash thing. Sealed In Blood is my next pick, notable because it has some of the slowest dirgy moments but I think it lacks the maliciousness of the other six songs. It's also the longest but the faster part near the end isn't that interesting, could have been trimmed maybe. For the rest it would be easier to pull names out of a hat, but I think I'd have to go with Divine In Agony, great song all the way through but I think the other five all have moments of greater greatness.

^ I agree I need to listen to this (and to the Destruction album for the other thread) again before I make any choices
I better get to it though since it's a 4 day turn around.

HBB's choices are the same ones that I'd pick, although I still like those songs. I'm interested to see how others vote.

For me Divine In Agony is slightly better than Black Edifice and something had to go in the first round.

Now off to listen to Destruction