GMD SONG SURVIVOR: Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

Nov 23, 2002
i think this is a fucking awesome choice, kudos to those who voted to it. one of few classic albums where i can imagine the votes being all over the place! but maybe i'm wrong, guess we'll see. i also think this album is a top tier masterwork that deserves even more of a following than it already has, so if these polls encourage people to listen to it more then they'll be a success as far as i'm concerned.

(first person to whine about attila's vocals gets a lynching btw)

Round 1 Tracklist
1) Funeral Fog
2) Freezing Moon
3) Cursed in Eternity
4) Pagan Fears
5) Life Eternal
6) From the Dark Past
7) Buried by Time and Dust
8) De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

Vote for the ONE weakest link. Votes will be counted when we've gone 24 hours without a vote.

All three mentioned so far are my bottom 3, but I really like all of them. Buried by Time and Dust has the bonus of being the most intense track and stands a hair above the other two imo.

Disapointing to choose such an overrated album, but Hellhammer's divine drumming performance in conjuction with some of the riffs makes this album worth a few listens every now and then.

Cursed in Eternity

Also, I'm putting my money on Freezing Moon to win.

I would be glad if Life Eternal, Pagan Fears or the title track won. But Freezing Moon is a song which introduced so many people to black metal, so perhaps it will win.