2. A Gush Of Blood
3. Headless Nun Whore
4. Wretched Hatching
5. Chainsawed Christians
6. Purified In Carnage
7. Uprising Of The Rotten
8. Severe Facial Reconstruction
9. Uhr-Nazuur

Yet another death metal supergroup... Featuring members of DARK FUNERAL, THE PROJECT HATE and VOMITORY, this group, dubbed GOD AMONG INSECTS, offer very little new insight into the world of death metal. Lame album cover, even lamer lyrics ("Satan...Demons..Hell," yes that is a lyric!) and subpar music just make this release a waste of my time and yours. I want to know what Candlelight saw in this to distribute it. On a positive note, the production is pretty good, thanks to Tommy Tagtgren. The man deserves praise, as I would've fallen asleep behind the boards, that's how monotonous this one is. I guess I'm being a little harsh, as this would probably make good background music, but it's not a death metal release that one should spend too much time trying to wrap their head around.

Rating:3/10

Papa Josh

I'll tell you something else - I got an e-mail from Candlelight asking when we were going to review this because they were hyping it like crazy. (Not necessarily marketing hype, but just really really excited about the release, calling it "mammoth" or something like that.) As far as Candlelight are concerned, this is one heck of a major release....surprised that it scored so low, but then if anyone knows his DM, it's PJ.

Searching Google...

Mixed reviews across the web (Metal Rules hated it, Metal Observer loved it, Digital Metal and Metal Reviews were down the middle). If you take the median, it comes out average, heh.