GOD FORBID: The Making Of EQUILIBRIUM (2012 studio report, Mark Lewis, Jens bogren)

I've seen them live before Machine Head in 2004, already was impressed by them back then. Really a nice band, I enjoyed Earthsblood, hopefully this upcoming one can measure up to it.

Corey let himself go tho...
040110-cory-pierce.jpg

The videos are cool but man, the new song they released is just fucking awful. They used to be a pretty cool and relatively unique melodic metalcore band. Now it just sounds like uninspired semi-djenty crap.

The videos are cool but man, the new song they released is just fucking awful. They used to be a pretty cool and relatively unique melodic metalcore band. Now it just sounds like uninspired semi-djenty crap.

i feel you on the djent thing, but i actually had a similar feel when i discovered earthsblood (being fan of the old metalcore days, and discovering this detuned djent meets opeth kinda thing) and then the songwriting took me over

i'm sure there is gonna be a big djent influence on this, this won't be surprising considering the guys' tastes in music, and i don't like djent for the most part, BUT once again those guys can write great songs so i wanna hear the whole thing now