God Forbid Tone Test.

Element77

Sep 12, 2006
Hey guys.

Long story short, when I heard the new God Forbid album, I got a tone-boner. It was embarassing, my Mom saw it....

Anyway, so I've been trying to hit this tone. So I snipped a part of the song and been having a go'er at it. I'm using the PodFarm, Boogex (tweaked) with (I think) the Brohymn 6 or 5th impulse, and some curveEQing....

I think I'm in the ball park, but I can't get that "fizz" which sounds like a condenser mic to me. Any help or things I could try?

The sample is part of the song, the First time it's the actual recording, the second time, I'm panned to the Left... excuse the shitty playing, I had some latency...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=657988

It sounds like you have a pretty good tone going on. I'd like to hear just your tone without any of the actual God Forbid recording, double tracked with some drums.

I find a lot when I get that sort of fizz with my tones that make it sound loose, it isn't as noticeable in a mix, but you can still do a low pass anywhere between 12k and 5k and have a mess around to see what you prefer.

Nice work. :)

I think you got a nice tone close to the God Forbid's one,but as Dylan said, we would like to hear your tone on its own.
What did you tweek in Boogex? Can you share the CurveEq file?
About the fizz now,why don't you try some Hi-Shelv?