Godflesh

Discovery

Dec 28, 2005
What are the people's feelings about this groundbreaking and extremely influential band? The entire Nu-metal genre and a lot of other popular 90's music owes its entire existence to them. I've never seen them discussed or even mentioned in this forum.

They're good, but I don't know in how far I would really consider them influential. On the timeline of industrial music they came fairly late and their sound isn't really super innovative or something. Though I have not heard much of their later work so maybe I have missed out on something.

Carcassian said:
Don't like them at all, sorry. More guitars, less bleeps plz.

Have you heard Streetcleaner? I heard they went more for a techno sound on later albums. i haven't heard a lot of their discography myself.

Then where do you get not enough guitars from? There's plenty of good stuff on that album in that department.

Tried getting into them after hearing so many rave reviews, but just failed to see anything worthwhile for my taste.

Scott

You would like them though if a girl joined and started crooning!

It's weird because some people find progressive music or bands that play well 'tedious' but in cases like this for me some simple repetitive lackluster bands can seem tedious or like they are ones trying to be artistic with capturing atmosphere or what, or move you in some way that is actually harder to get into. You you sit there thinking what is the band trying to do with the music.

unique band, no arguing there.
I have all their CDs, my favourites are Pure, Streetcleaner and Hymns. pretty heavy stuff. but I can understand those who don't like them, the music is very repetitive.

The Greys said:
You would like them though if a girl joined and started crooning!

Tarja from Nightwish could sing with a band of jackhammers, chainsaws, and chihuaha dogs barking and make the music sound amazing to me.