GODSMACK Answers Fans' Questions In Google+ Hangout Session (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
The four members of GODSMACK answered a number of fans-submitted questions during a live Google+ Hangout session earlier today (Thursday, July 24). You can now watch the question-and-answer session below.GODSMACK has released a second new song from the band's upcoming album, "1000hp" (One Thousand Horsepower), called "Generation Day". Singer Sully Erna told Grammy.com that the tune is one of his favorites from the new disc, saying, "'Generation Day' is really unique for me because not only is it this six-and-a-half minute epic, but it has these really cool textures and colors in it. The middle section has this cool, ZEPPELIN-y kind of breakdown, drifty and trippy. The song has this really fat, cool opening riff, and it's something I almost think we want to open the live show with."Erna added that the song was inspired by the idea that his generation will be possibly the last to experience "analog" music and not just digital recordings and copies. He explained, "'Generation Day' is about realizing that this new era is taking over… when I think about that whole world, I feel sad and wish my daughter and the people (who) are younger could have had that experience of putting on an album and pulling out the lyrics and looking at the artwork. It was such an experience back then.""1000hp" is due out on August 5 and follows up 2010's "The Oracle".Erna told The Pulse Of Radio how he thinks the sound of "1000hp" compares to earlier GODSMACK records. "This one just became a little bit more raw, a little bit more open," he said. "The writing was a little freer, the production was really kind of raw and in your face, and the songs, man — I'm really, really excited about these songs."GODSMACK, SEETHER, SKILLET and BUCKCHERRY will lead the lineup of the fifth annual Rockstar Energy Uproar Festival, which kicks off on August 15 in Clarkston, Michigan and runs through September 21.
godsmack1000hpcdbigger_0.jpg

More...