Goes to show quality takes and gear go a long ways

Redoubt9000

Oct 21, 2011
This is by no means a 'rate a mix' thread, although you're free to. And this is far from a decent mix

But it's nice to come across stems like these that just reiterate the necessity of a great arrangement/tracking and editing. And instrument quality. I guess one can instantly tell when the ease of squeezing elements into their own territory becomes very evident. I get so aggravated with my own material and more often because I'm running through my own instruments, and feel the quality of my gear is always lacking - I sometimes believe my guitar is the sound equivalent to a plank with strings attached so I usually find myself struggling to get/retain a full natural sound during processing.

I didn't spend much time on this mix (noise, unbalanced levels, mmmmmud, complete disregard to correct most of anything nasty coming out - I simply loaded my bare templates and just went to town on it), but it was a pleasure to work on and drove home that little tidbit. People state it enough and they should keep doing so.
The stems are from this forum - that I honestly cannot remember where credit is due since they were not labeled and I no longer have around the compressed archive of it. Pipe up if ya recognize it and I'll edit accordingly (I'll be lazy otherwise). The stems included vocals. Plus I'm curious to know where the thread was anyways, I attempted looking earlier but couldn't seem to come across it (wanted to look into the gear used in the session)

Was their ever a time when you finally came to terms with this when you got into the audio game? What of your own personal material when ya finally got ahold of that dream guitar/bass/kit/mic that made the job that much more easier to handle? Looking forward to the responses.

Last edited by a moderator: