Going to Las Vegas with an aching in my heart...

Bryan316

METAL... nuff said!
Anyone around here from Las Vegas? Next week, I'm flying in for a wedding and some serious partying, and I wanna know if there's gonna be any
metal2.gif
scheduled to play there.

Metal71... aren't you a local yokel over there?

I don't know if you are a Queen fan? But the play We Will Rock You is playing at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel. Every night.

Metal Church
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle of Filth
Moonspell
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Children of Bodom
Motorhead
Corrosion of Conformity
Metallica
In Flames
Opeth
Lacuna Coil
Iced Earth
Twisted Sister

Just off the top of my dented head, these are just a few of the shows I've seen here in the last year and a half.... The 'no metal in Las Vegas' myth no longer applies. Sure, it ain't ProgPower fare, but it's definately metal, and I like it all! I just saw a couple newer local bands Saturday night that were just killer old school thrash. Leather, spikes, black t-shirts, dry ice fog, the whole bit. Both will be featured at the Minneaplis Mayhem show next weekend. As for Vegas, I'll see what's coming, but definately e-mail me. Depending on how long you're going to be here, I'll give you a long list of cool places to see for metalheads....

Bob

Oh yeah - I forgot Anthrax, but they've been here, Priest is coming back as well.

Some others from the past 18 months:

Kreator
Destruction
Type O Negative
Morbid Angel
Satyricon....

Metal enough now?!? HAHAHA... Still wish Ozzfest would play here again so I wouldn't have to drive 3 hours for Iron Maiden. Apparently no one liked the hot summer sun, singers complaining it was too hard on their voices...

Haven't seen that one yet myself. It gets great reviews, though. Of course, if you've got a couple hundred bucks burning a hole in your pocket and are feeling very in touch with your feminine side, there's always Celine Dion across the street, or newcomers Elton John and Barry Manilow just down the road..... hahahaha