Good, but not expensive mic preamp?

CrazyClown

Oct 18, 2008
I'm searching for good but not expensive 1-channel mic preamp. If it's have instrumental preamp it;s be cool :cool:

I think the FMR RNP is the best bet at 250$ per channel. I picked one up and am extremely happy with it.

Thanks ;-)
I have E-mu 1212mPCI and I can buy MicrodockM, it's cost about 350$, but i don't need 8 analog inputs and outputs, so i search something cheaper and normal quality at one channel

Thanks ;-)
I have E-mu 1212mPCI and I can buy MicrodockM, it's cost about 350$, but i don't need 8 analog inputs and outputs, so i search something cheaper and normal quality at one channel

I've got the 1212m too and I went with the Studio Projects VTB-1. Sounds awesome. If I had more cash I would of gone with the FMR...

I've got an Art PRO MPA, and a pair of Studio Projects VTB-1. I'd say if your recording mostly metal, get the VTB-1. It has a nice warm sound to it, great for guitars, screaming/growl vox and bass. The Art MPA is similar in character, but a little brighter sounding.

Thanks ;-)

Actually the preamps in the MicrodockM are really good. I have an E-mu 1616m and really like them. They are very clean, especially for DI guitars. They also have switchable soft-limiters that are a great option and work well. On the other hand I've had some reliability issues with mine lately so I am not sure if I am doing you a favour recommending it.