Good metal from the UK

Pierogi

Stoopid Bastardo
Nov 5, 2001
London
I'm starting this up for you _Transparent_ or anyone else since i can't really think of any good bands from the UK but you said:
Originally posted by _Transparent_
hmn, im gonna do a poll, best place for metal or something, i think that after Scandanavia, Britain is a great metal place, theres loads of it here thats great, a lot of good bands never make the big times, which is sad.

so it would be cool if you could give a band name and then a short description.

yeah i forgot about that...

my dying bride - im not sure i need to say anything

Anaal Nathrakh - well what can i say, truly grusomely brilliant, a must for any Zyklon or Behemoth fan.

Akercocke - when i saw them live i wasn't into black metal and well anything heavy (including opeth) but they were supporting Katatonia, and well i have to say apart from the vocals i was very impressed, great solos and i need to see them again to make a proper judgment

Solace Denied - Great band, simillar to Opeth, and My Dying Bride www.solacedenied.com - go and d/l a few songs.

Gutworm - voted as the best unsigned band and best live performance a year or so ago by magazines and readers...they're signed now and the new material sounds good, can't wait for the new album.

not to mention blur and Oasis :p ;)

although we don't have the class of Slipknot, linkin park and limp biscuit, we can't win em all.

i saw gutworm last thursday and i was impressed, i cant wait for their album or ep or whatever to come out in september!

i'd say : TANGAROA