Good news for the ladies,and great news for me!

E.O.G.

Enemy Of God
Aug 26, 2007
Newport,Wales
Finally...I had the opportunity to talk with the owner of a local club,called Ground Zero.It's a fairly big club (about 1100 persons big) in Spartanburg,South Carolina.Slayer,King Diamond,Megadeth and Kreator played there before,so it's a pretty established place.Anyway...I talked to Mick (the owner) tonight,about that you girls wanna do an east coast tour,and to my biggest surprise,he responded with a:"Oh,yeah,I've heard about The Iron Maidens,and I thought about to book them whenever they can come here!" Needless to tell what I felt about this response,so PLEASE,PLEASE,Ladies,tell to your booking gods to give him a call!!! Considering the fact that Spartanburg is only about 20 miles away from where I live,it would be awesome if I could see you there!

Info:
http://www.myspace.com/groundzerorocks

(I couldn't find his phone# on the site,but I'll get it for you ASAP!)

You're very sweet for checking it out E.O.G.! The problem is that there are many many clubs who say "let us know when you are passing through and we'd love to book you", but nobody realizes the cost of actually getting there. Not many clubs want to work for it and airfares, hotel and gear rental can be quite costly. They just want the bands handed to them without having to deal with actually getting the band there to begin with. Slayer, King Diamond, Megdeth all must have been in route on a huge tour. We WILL get out there someday though, dammit! We are determined to find the right promoter to do this with! If there were a few other venues far enough apart not to affect the draw of each club it would make things easier to negotiate, but it is usually too difficult to travel so far for just one show. Wahhhh!!

You're very sweet for checking it out E.O.G.! The problem is that there are many many clubs who say "let us know when you are passing through and we'd love to book you", but nobody realizes the cost of actually getting there. Not many clubs want to work for it and airfares, hotel and gear rental can be quite costly.

I have often wondered about this issue.....The issue being that a band has to be paid a healthy pile of cash to make it profitable for them to fly to gigs. Do the Maidens get some kind of airfare discount or what...I have wondered? Then there is the promoter who takes a cut / hotel charges / rental of backline...Yes, it takes alot of money to bring a band to a faraway city.

Well...I would lie if I would say I know great many things about how the whole procedure of booking goes,I'm just trying to do what I can.Unfortunately it's not too much,though.:erk: Ehh...I just hope one day you can make it somewhere here,'cos due to the fact that the "real thing" ignores the eastern part of the country since a long time,a show somewhere here,could be quite crowded.Of course I'm not a prophet,but that's what I think.Nevertheless,time will tell,I just hope you Ladies will be able to find a catch one time!:headbang:

Well...I would lie if I would say I know great many things about how the whole procedure of booking goes,I'm just trying to do what I can.Unfortunately it's not too much,though.:erk: Ehh...I just hope one day you can make it somewhere here,'cos due to the fact that the "real thing" ignores the eastern part of the country since a long time,a show somewhere here,could be quite crowded.Of course I'm not a prophet,but that's what I think.Nevertheless,time will tell,I just hope you Ladies will be able to find a catch one time!:headbang:

if this is an emergency please call 911 ext. 666. low levels of live maiden intake is dangerous - 9 outta 10 docs agree that getting a good dose of maiden at least once a year is mandatory towards a healthy metal diet. here in the u.s. it's popular to enjoy supplements such as the iron maidens as a beneficial way to sustain wellness. requesting the iron maidens at your local live metal distributor is a great way to heighten awareness towards this fun cure!! thank you for your support, and long live iron maiden :worship:

if this is an emergency please call 911 ext. 666. low levels of live maiden intake is dangerous - 9 outta 10 docs agree that getting a good dose of maiden at least once a year is mandatory towards a healthy metal diet. here in the u.s. it's popular to enjoy supplements such as the iron maidens as a beneficial way to sustain wellness. requesting the iron maidens at your local live metal distributor is a great way to heighten awareness towards this fun cure!! thank you for your support, and long live iron maiden :worship:

According to this,I'm fatally sick! Last time I've seen Iron Maiden in live,it was 2003 and I've never seen any Maiden tribute in live,so hurry up girls,'cos I don't think there's too much time left for me! :saint::heh:

edwinathenurse.jpg

nw110.gif
Ohhh...this is just made my day! This should be on the cover of the next album! Granted,Edwina could use a happy bag,but that was funny as hell.Thanx Sara!

LMFAO!!! :lol::lol::lol:

sara, you have truly outdone yourself (and everyone else!) with edwina!:headbang:
hey on the maiden intake, it looks like i'm gonna live forever!!
was wondering if there's a conversion rate for maidenS compared to maiden?
is it 1:1, or maybe it changes weekly, like dollars to euros... :lol: