Good power amp ? Or head to use power amp from (guitar)

Evolution666

Jun 26, 2007
Sweden
Hi guys! I'm on a little tight budget right now but I have a nice preamp here and I want to get it through a power amp but I noticed most power amps is just as expensive as a complete head with power amp. Anyone have some tip for "most value for the cash" ? I could use a head as long I can bypass it and only use the power amp from it.
Bugera is very cheap ? Is it pure crap ?
I want something with tubes!
Thanks in advance. :Smokin:

Bryan: It is a AxeFx Ultra
Sprack: Thanks for the tip. Are they hard to get? I live in Sweden so the prices and market is very different compared to US which sucks!
Thanks!

Any valve head with a effects loop should do. I used to use a Marshall DSL50 head as a poweramp for my POD XT live and I loved it. And obviously you'd have a nice valve amp aswell as a power amp for preamp.

Peavey Windsor or Valveking would do the job nicely.

I dunno about that man, as good as the Axe FX is I've always felt that the clips I've heard sound a bit cold and sterile compared to a tube amp. I reckon an Axe would sound awesome through a nice tube power amp and a decent 4x12.

Thanks for all inputs guys! I guess in the end any good power amp with valves will do it ?! I will check the used market here in Sweden and see what I can get hold on! Would be easy to order from US but the postage would kill me on such heavy piece.... I agree it sound good "as it is" but the clips I heard when people used it with valves it get that "3D" dimension and also with the V30 celestion elements. So I will go on searching but still I'm very confused in between cause a dedicated poweramp is so much more expensive than a good head in Sweden (SICK!) =)
Sprack, cool you speak Swedish! It is not bad at all .... have you been over here ? =)
Cheers and thanks for your inputs guys!