Good songs overlooked because of the "hits"

Metal Dog

Prowling in the night
Aug 31, 2003
South of nowhere, lost in a fog
Visit site
I was reading another thread (and I'm too lazy to go back through everything I've read on here and find it) someone was talking about great songs that get overlooked because they are not the radio friendly commercial ones. On this theme I've just got my hands on a copy of Warrants Dog Eat Dog and it has some terrific songs including this little gem ......forget Cherry Pie fill your ears with Quicksand!
http://youtu.be/WewkNSjiJoU

Dog Eat Dog, IMO, was their best album (kind of like Warrant's Slave to the G Rind). All my Bridges are Burning, Hole in the Wall, Quicksand, April 2031... some great tracks on that album. Sadly I don't think they play it live because most people at a Warrant show want to hear Heaven and Cherry Pie.

I love 80's Scorpions stuff. Rock You Like a Hurricane and Still Loving You are kick-ass songs, but not the best on the Love at First Sting. Rhythm of Love is actually one of the weaker songs on Savage Amusement as well, and Passion Rules the game may the the worst. Savage Amusement was not well received by many, but Dieter Dierks really went into overdrive with the production. Strange album in some ways, but I actually love it.

Accepts Russian Roulette is far and away the best of their classic albums but Metal Heart, Restless and Wild, and Balls to The Wall all get way more praise.

I guess I should have mentioned White Lion as well. They seem to be the fave here of the "hair genre." Of course I like their "hits" as well. They just had a cool groove about them, God for a guitar player and Mike was a great singer.

Any Black Sabbath song other than War Pigs, Paranoid, and Iron Man.
Holy Smoke and No Prayer for the Dying by Iron Maiden
Jugulator(full album) by Judas Priest
Invisible by Dio
Killed by Death by Motorhead
Mr. Scary by Dokken