Good Stuff!

Frank

Electric Monk
Jan 24, 2003
Painesville, Ohio
Visit site
I just listened to the songs for download at the Katagory V site... good stuff.

Dustin, I followed the link in your sig in the Enchant forum, so it works.:D

I read that Lynn has a day job.. man... for some reason it just doesn't seem right that people that love to make music have to have that distraction.

Ahh well... keep rockin'.

I'm gonna go see if my local record shop has your latest in stock. They have all the good stuff. They surprise the hell out of me sometimes.

Hey Frank!

Thanks for the props man! ...and it's good to know our banner works in the signiture. :D ;)

Yeah... we all have day jobs, in fact I would bet my bottom donut most all bands on minor lables still have to work the 9-5, being that playing this type of music doesn't have a big payout. :p So as musicians we have made a choice... play music we hate and make the big bucks, or play the music we love and live check to check. So it makes our day when someone like you pops in and totally digs what we do... this is why we do it! Thanks man!

Good luck in tracking down our albm out there in Ohio, hopefully they've got in stock!

Cheers!
\m/
Dustin

Dustin said:
Hey Frank!

Good luck in tracking down our albm out there in Ohio, hopefully they've got in stock!

Cheers!
\m/
Dustin
Thanks for the reply. I've been going to this record store for the past 18 years. It's a small, local shop that carries a ton of stuff that's hard to find anywhere else. I get just about all of my stuff there. I can use the internet to get it all, but I like supporting the local community. So.. if they don't have it, I know where I can get it.

Frank said:
Thanks for the reply. I've been going to this record store for the past 18 years. It's a small, local shop that carries a ton of stuff that's hard to find anywhere else. I get just about all of my stuff there. I can use the internet to get it all, but I like supporting the local community. So.. if they don't have it, I know where I can get it.
It's good to know that few "Ma' & Pa'" stores carry this kind of music over the chainstores... I think that's what helps themstay in buisness. We have a few places here that are the same that we also shop at. :D

Starbound (best vinyl and metal CD selction in the western valley!)
The Abyss (the one stop shop for extreme metal and more!)
Tease & Keys (east side gothic clothing and novelty store + specializing in prog/power albums)

...there is one other Brick & Mortar store that claims to be a metal store.... but they are not (regardless of their world wide fame) I dare not speak there name for fear of being burned at the stake.... again. :loco:

Support your local record shops that peddle metal... it's they way to go!

\m/
Dustin

Dustin said:
It's good to know that few "Ma' & Pa'" stores carry this kind of music over the chainstores... I think that's what helps themstay in buisness. We have a few places here that are the same that we also shop at. :D

Starbound (best vinyl and metal CD selction in the western valley!)
The Abyss (the one stop shop for extreme metal and more!)
Tease & Keys (east side gothic clothing and novelty store + specializing in prog/power albums)

...there is one other Brick & Mortar store that claims to be a metal store.... but they are not (regardless of their world wide fame) I dare not speak there name for fear of being burned at the stake.... again. :loco:

Support your local record shops that peddle metal... it's they way to go!

\m/
Dustin
Well, they didn't have it, but they did have Enchant's Time Lost.:D

So I just ordered A New Breed of Rebellion a few minutes ago.

The store I go to carries all kinds of rock, from classic to well... modern. But it's the kind of store that would also have had a head shop oh so many years ago.:dopey:

They also carry stuff from local bands (Cleveland area) and what some call the obscure prog bands throughout the world.

Anyhoo.....I'll be waiting for the mailman to bring me your disc so I can do some jammin'.

And I like watching Ed play base also. I can't play a lick though, but I really like watching a good musician play an instrument.

Take care.

Edit: GOD I LOVE MUSIC!!!!

Frank said:
Well, they didn't have it, but they did have Enchant's Time Lost.:D

So I just ordered A New Breed of Rebellion a few minutes ago.

The store I go to carries all kinds of rock, from classic to well... modern. But it's the kind of store that would also have had a head shop oh so many years ago.:dopey:

They also carry stuff from local bands (Cleveland area) and what some call the obscure prog bands throughout the world.

Anyhoo.....I'll be waiting for the mailman to bring me your disc so I can do some jammin'.

And I like watching Ed play base also. I can't play a lick though, but I really like watching a good musician play an instrument.

Take care.

Edit: GOD I LOVE MUSIC!!!!
ahhhhh.... I've got some good memories with Enchant's "Time Lost" album. I bought it directly from the band at their gig with Fates Warning years ago when it was still an import. It's cool you ran across that album, I was told it's now out-of-print! So if you own it... you totally scored! :D

Ed is one of my all time favorite bassist.... Ever since I saw them live in 97' He's been in my top 10. It was difficult for me to not be a fan-boy when I saw them last weekend.... He makes playing bass look WAY to easy on stage!

Hopefully our new album shows up in your mailbox soon enough, and you'll have to check back and give the band some feedback on it!

\m/
Dustin

Dustin said:
Hopefully our new album shows up in your mailbox soon enough, and you'll have to check back and give the band some feedback on it!

\m/
Dustin
I got the disc a few weeks ago. I like to let it settle in before I really judge it. What follows is my opinion, and it's not intended to be in an insult.

It's a great album. I really didn't think people were making that kind of music anymore. I realize there are still many new (and young) metal bands out there right now, but I really haven't heard anything like it in a long time.

It actually (vaguely) reminds me of the early early early stuff from Judas Priest, like Sad Wings Of Destiny and Rocka Rolla.

One standout I gotta mention that hit me on first spin is the drums. They kick some serious arse! They are mixed in well and seem to be right up front in the songs. I like that.

I was listening to your disc the other day when I bought a re-released Evergrey album. Man.. what a one-two punch in the player:headbang: .

I think I read you (well, one of the band) thanked some Cleveland bands in the cd liner. I live about 24 miles east of Cleveland, but I'm not familiar with the music scene in these parts. Do you have a fan base here?

Take care.
Looking forward to the next album.

Crap... I've been neglecting our own forum! Been busy latley...but here I be! :loco:

Frank said:
I got the disc a few weeks ago. I like to let it settle in before I really judge it. What follows is my opinion, and it's not intended to be in an insult.

It's a great album. I really didn't think people were making that kind of music anymore. I realize there are still many new (and young) metal bands out there right now, but I really haven't heard anything like it in a long time.

It actually (vaguely) reminds me of the early early early stuff from Judas Priest, like Sad Wings Of Destiny and Rocka Rolla.
WOW! dude, believe it or not, that's a very cool thing to say! Those are two excellent priest albums that we all look up to and are higly inlfunced by. It was a more progressive, experimental time for them... before laying claim to be a heavy metal band. Rocka Rolla is probably one of my all time favorite Priest albums!

One standout I gotta mention that hit me on first spin is the drums. They kick some serious arse! They are mixed in well and seem to be right up front in the songs. I like that.

I was listening to your disc the other day when I bought a re-released Evergrey album. Man.. what a one-two punch in the player:headbang: .
Thanks man, that's really cool to hear that! Many have no idea... but the toms and kicks are the natural tones, no tirggers! ...well except for the snare. Most metal bands use triggers in recording during tracking, in fact we'll probably do it on this next album becasue of how much of a hassel it was to NOT do it, but we experimented with getting the sounds naturaly. It was a bitch, but they came out really thick and punchy! The kicks really do sound thick and triggered... but it's just a mic and a 1/4 inch thick Danmar kick pad made of metal and the size of a softball!

I think I read you (well, one of the band) thanked some Cleveland bands in the cd liner. I live about 24 miles east of Cleveland, but I'm not familiar with the music scene in these parts. Do you have a fan base here?

Take care.
Looking forward to the next album.
Actually, we've played cleveland once and some of the bands in our thank you list were ones we got to share the stage with. We have a few friends and fans there... I've been good friend for few years with Krusty, the drummer from Clevelands very own Antithesis... he's a cool kat!

Thanks for the props Frank! Hopefully we'll get out that direction again in the near future. ;)

Demonspell said:
I finally got the album and I've been enjoying it immensely. Some of the obvious influences from the first one are still there (Queensryche, Fates, etc.), but it's definitely a step up in terms of musicianship.
Thanks for the kind words Demon! I've noticed you've had a few of the tunes from the "New Breed..." album in your songs to watch...very cool!!!! If your enjoying this one so far, I think you'll find our next one to be an interesting spin when that one comes out next year. :D

Progmaiden said:
Wow, not much life around here these days... Dustin! Are you going to Progpower this year? Looks like I'm staying at the Fairfield. Hope to see you around! :D
Yeah..... it's a ghost town here most of the time. :erk: Hopefully that will change one day. ...Of course I'll be at progpower!!! We'll be at teh Grenada again this year... you'll have to make your way down there sometime during the weekend and hang out!

\m/
Dustin

Dustin said:
Yeah..... it's a ghost town here most of the time. :erk: Hopefully that will change one day. ...Of course I'll be at progpower!!! We'll be at teh Grenada again this year... you'll have to make your way down there sometime during the weekend and hang out!

\m/
Dustin
Very cool! I'll definitely have to come over and party sometime. :headbang: