Good VST Tuner Plugin

And of course G-tune! :D Though one thing that's annoying is it often thinks I'm playing an octave above the note I'm trying to tune, which throws off the needle ever so slightly (it usually like jumps back and forth between, say, 65 and 130 Hz) - does anyone else have this problem, cuz it does it with both of my guitars (turning down the sensitivity slider helps somewhat, but not totally)

Though one thing that's annoying is it often thinks I'm playing an octave above the note I'm trying to tune, which throws off the needle ever so slightly (it usually like jumps back and forth between, say, 65 and 130 Hz) - does anyone else have this problem, cuz it does it with both of my guitars (turning down the sensitivity slider helps somewhat, but not totally)

Tune with natural harmonics and all's well :) (5th fret for lower strings and 12th fret for higher strings)

E:
Brainfart :lol: 5th fret, not 7th fret.

Though you can compare the strings with harmonics from one string at 5th fret and from the next string on the 7th fret (ie. 5th on E2 and 7th on A2).

Tune with natural harmonics and all's well :) (7th fret for lower strings and 12th fret for higher strings)
Because of the way even temperment works, you actually don't want to tune to the 7th fret harmonic, because the harmonic will produce a perfect fifth above the string, and you want an even tempered fifth.

Oh yeah, I might add that I only tune the first five strings (B1 E2 A2 D3 G3) with natural harmonics. The sixth string (B4) I tune while comparing it to G3 with a short power chord and a D (xx0232) until they sound in-tune, and the 7th string (E4) I tune so that a D chord and G chord sound normal enough.

Hey, one thing I've always wondered... The las four strings are a no brainer to tune with natural harmonics on the 5th and 7th fret, but how about G to F?

I meant to say the 5th frets in my previous message :)