GOOD Wireless systems

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Hey guys, I feel like a post whore lately.....Just spending $ on some new gear finally.

I'm looking for opinions on wireless systems. Which ones work for you and why? Which ones are total tone suckers and which arent so bad?

Line6 G series all the way for me! Have used mine in everything from the smallest clubs upto playing arenas with it without a single dropout. I can't tell any difference soundwise whatsoever between that system and using a cable.

I've used a bunch of analog wireless systems in the past an none of them have been half as good as the G series; although some of them cost five times as much.

Is there big quality differencies between Line6 G30, G50 and G90? I would like to buy the G90 (rack model) but the price is pretty killer if it isn't that much better than those G30 or G50... Which one are you guys using?

Line 6 G series. Skip anything that isn't digitial. I have had a XDR and a G30. The g30 kicks serious ass. I have used it from small venues to huge clubs and it never misses a beat, never a drop, never anything. Its about 99% same as using a cable.

Is there big quality differencies between Line6 G30, G50 and G90? I would like to buy the G90 (rack model) but the price is pretty killer if it isn't that much better than those G30 or G50... Which one are you guys using?

I've been using the G50 for about 7-8 months now and it's worked flawlessly thus far and is pretty rugged if you ask me. The only issue I ever had with the unit was within the first few days the cable that came stock with the unit started to cut-out every now and then... it should be noted, the cable is absolute dogshit and you should probably order a decent quality cable at the same time as the unit if you decide to go with the G50/G90.

As far as comparisons go, G50/G90 are identical. The only thing that worried me about the G30 is that the transmitter is made of plastic and I'm a clumsy fuck. With the transmitter the G50/G90 have, I'd feel absolutely comfortable throwing it at someones head if I needed an improvised weapon. :lol:

Besides that, I don't have a tonal comparison for the G30 - G50/G90. I'd love to know as well if there is any difference besides build materials.