Gorguts news (Negativa, etc.)

Post_Scriptum

Jan 24, 2003
tmvfr.info
The beginning! 25-10-2005
And more news! To quote the Luc (thx for the update Luc):

NEGATIVA, Steeve Hurdle’s new band (Ex-GORGUTS / PURULENCE), has completed its line up: Steeve on vocals / Guitar, Luc Lemay (Ex- GORGUTS) on vocals / guitar, Dominique Lapointe on bass (QUO VADIS, AUGURY, ATHERETIC) and Etienne Gallo (AUGURY) on drums. A website is under construction and shirts will be available from GWN soon. The band should enter the studio in the winter for a promo recording. It’s all speculation right now but NEGATIVA might be touring with TOWARDS DARKNESS and PAROXYSM in the spring of 2006. More on this as things develop. Meanwhile, if you want to get in touch directly with Steeve, you can do so by e-mail at: negativ28@hotmail.com For anything concerning the band’s management, e-mail here: management@gwnrecords.com

The end.. 25-10-2005
I got mail from Luc with not so good news first..

"It's true that I've decided to end GORGUTS last year... There will be a official statement soon here.
I will release a live cd from the tour we did in 93' for EROSION....and also a DVD later in 2006 from the OBSCURA tour.
I took a long break from music and started my own business....I'm a full time self taught wood carver now.....I have a nice workshop, I design and build fine furniture and I carve alot of signs for business.
But now I feel for me it's about time to come back to music with my long time partner in crime and best friend Steeve Hurdle."

Here some example's of Luc's wood carving and it looks he's not only a good musician! example 1 example 2

Gorguts DVD 8-10-2005
There is news on the Gorguts front! In 2006 there is gonna be a live DVD and CD! To quote the site:

"We are pround to announce that GWN will be releasing a GORGUTS DVD in 2006! Luc Lemay agreed on our terms and we are all pretty excited about this project. The DVD will include a concert filmed at the "Whiskey A Gogo" in Los Angeles, while the band was on tour for "Obscura". It will also includes tons of cool pictures and interviews with Luc and Steeve Hurdle... This is slated for a mid 2006 release; a lot of work has to be done... But to keep you on your toes for the DVD, we are also releasing a Live CD in early 2006... This concert was recorded in 1993 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, during the band's only European tour. This has been circulating for a while now in the underground and Luc decided to make it officially available through GWN. T-shirts and hats will also be available to commemorate the release of both projects!"
source

Everything is on the Gorguts official website

Can't wait for the Negativa release and that DVD! Gorguts is mindblowingly amazing

NEGATIVA, the new Quebec, Canada-based metal band featuring former Gorguts members Steeve Hurdle (guitar, vocals) and Luc Lemay (guitar, vocals), along with Etienne Gallo (drums, ex-Augury) and Miguel Valade (bass, ex-Ion Dissonance), have issued the following update:

"All hails from the Negativa camp !

The last few weeks have been very thrilling for us as we have finally arranged to enter studio in mid-September to record three songs. We will again be working with our old friend Pierre Remillard but this time it will be at his famous Wild Studio. Pierre has produced Gorguts’ very first demo And Then Comes Lividity back in 1989, plus the albums Obscura in 1998 and From Wisdom To Hate in 2001. He will be assisted by none other than Jean-Yves Theriault, a.k.a. Blacky and former Voïvod. We will be more than honored to work with him in the studio. At the end of September, expect a MySpace page for you to, at last, listen to our music.

So there's a lot coming up my friends ! Stand strong !" — Big Steeve for Negativa

Songtitles set to appear on the mini-CD are "Chaos in motion", "Taedium vitae" and "Rebellion".

Negativa-official-logo.jpg

Logo

Didn't Luc say before that this project will sound very much like Obscura-era Gorguts but much weirder?

I'm very much pumped for the DVD, and for Negativa it has some solid members that should be able to make something incredible. Thanks for the news man.

I would be happy if it just sounded like a Gorguts record, because I have extremely enjoyed all of their releases.

Is there ever going to be any mps or do we have to wait until the afterlife ?

Solipsist said:
Didn't Luc say before that this project will sound very much like Obscura-era Gorguts but much weirder?

Congrats on having the only good band-name-array signature.

I cannot wait to hear this project, finally something from that camp...