Gorguts

Dan Hibiki

New Metal Member
Oct 20, 2003
come.to
Does anyone know if Gorguts are broken up completely or are they just taking time off or looking for a new drummer or what?

According to metal archives, Gorguts are split-up. I think its for the best really. I couldn't imagine them doing much more after Obscura and From Wisdom To Hate.

If they break up.......I'll refuse to buy any of their cd's :bah:

No really, I'll buy them all, but for fawks sake, like the other dude said: way to good to break up.

Metal Archives isn't always accurate. For instance, it says that Arcane Sun, a doom metal band that has been disbanded for a several years, is active. There are also some other instances where they other list broken up bands as active or on hold, though I can't remember the band. The bottom line is, I am still holding out hope that they will keep on making CDs even though they are done according to MA.

Metal Archives is usually accurate and informative. Good site to find information on almost any heavy metal band that I can think of.

They haven't split. I even know someone who had an audition to be their new drummer.

Lemay and Cloutier are slowly writing some new stuff, which I heard is good. They're also jamming with Hurdle, I don't know if he's going to be in the line-up for the next album though.

Well, we can expect something in a couple of years, they don't seem to put much pressure on themselves. A cd in 2006 would be bad, unless it's has mindblowing as Obscura was at the time ( is it still possible ? )

Hurdle is jamming with them again? fuck yeah..
he really helped shape the sound of obscura. if you listen to his pre-gorguts dm band Purulence you can hear inklings of the obscura style. its why "from wisdom to hate" was so much more tame with him gone

if hurdles gets back with gorguts, now that LW is back in cryptopsy it could be a great year for metal in 04 (if cds actually get released then hehe)