Graham Bonnet The Rock N Roll Universe Interview

Nightwatcher

New Metal Member
Jan 10, 2006
In a brand new, exclusive interview conducted by Rock N Roll Universe(www.rocknrolluniverse.com) with vocalist Graham Bonnet (Rainbow, MSG, Alcatrazz, Impellitteri), the legendary vocalist discusses his days in Rainbow, MSG, Alcatrazz and Impellitteri, as well as what he's currently up to these days. Also covered in the interview is Bonnet's upcoming appearance on Michael Schenker's 'MSG Tales Of Rock And Roll' 25th Anniversary album, for which he contributed the title track. A brief excerpt from the interview follows below :

RNRU : You've recently cowrote and recorded a track for the Michael Schenker 25th Anniversary 'Tales Of Rock & Roll' album. What can you tell us about that, and what was that like?

GB : Yeah, in fact that's the title track. I just received a letter from the people putting the album together to get the words over to them. I wasn't sure if that was going to be the title track or not. Michael gave me the title and said "Can you think of a song around that kind of title"? So, I said "Okay," It kind of restricts you a bit, but I'm glad that it turned out to be the title track. I did that about 4 months ago, and it turned out good I think.

RNRU : Would you ever consider it if Michael were to ask you to sing full time for the band again?

GB : I don't think he will. I think he's kind of happy with what he's got right now. I'm not quite sure if everybody's thinking the same way I do, but I don't think he really wants to go through what we went before. (Laughs) It was a bit of a mess sometimes.That's a few years ago now. It wasn't a case of clashing personalities, it was clashing beer glasses I think. (Laughs) It was kind of a bit too much. I'm not quite sure if Michael would want that again, I think he's very happy with the situation the way it is now, I THINK. I don't know, if it came up, I'd certainly think about it, yeah.

To access the entire interview go to this location : http://rocknrolluniverse.com/rocknrolluniverse_040.htm

Rock N Roll Universe
www.rocknrolluniverse.com
"Where REAL rock still lives"

Very good interview there ... one of the only ones I read from beginning to end !!
And...Welcome "Nightwatcher" !!

I couldn't even get the damn thing to load. Apparently their precious interview is so valuable that rather than risk someone copying and pasting, they've created the entire page out of image files (gifs). The interview alone consists of 64 images. They all showed up as little red xes after attempting to download for almost 5 minutes.

Bummer too, because Graham Bonnet is one of my all time favorite vocalists. His work with Rainbow, Schenker and Alcatrazz are all in my Hallowed Halls of Fame. I guess the most important part has already been posted though...I'd love to see Bonnet reunited with Schenker for a whole album or more. I'll believe it when I see it.

NP: Pantommind - Shade of Fate