Grave Digger

Son of Evil

Feb 10, 2007
A kick-ass band. Been around for so long and they are still going strong. Chris Boltendahl and Manni Schmidt are gods.:kickass:

So, any fans? And what do you think of their latest album, 'Liberty or Death'? My favorite tracks are Silent Revolution and Forecourt to Hell. Not a mind-blowing album, but still rates 4 stars, its head-banging stuff all the way.

First album is good stadium metal, lost interest after it, "Heart Of Darkness" and "Tunes Of War" = very very good Accept-ish heavy metal, then they started to lose inspiration, now i think every album they release is completely boring.

Well, I think The Grave Digger is the album where they stepped it up a notch. Insane riffs, some excellent choruses, guitar solos, and Boltendahl's voice had become more evil, kinda. Perhaps not extraordinary, but certainly a very unique band.

The only album by them that I've heard is the King Arthur concept album one (can't remember the exact name). I thought it was pretty bad.

Fantastic band, everything from The Reaper to Rheingold is consistant speed metal glory. The Last Supper is kind of meh, but then with Liberty or Death they showed a return to form. Not as great as Rheingold or Excalibur but still awesome.

Definitely a consistent band as far as releases go. The Self Titles album is far above the others in my opinion. GREAT album. I still need to get the new one, last one I got was Excalibur, and it was "ok".

Definitely a consistent band as far as releases go. The Self Titles album is far above the others in my opinion. GREAT album. I still need to get the new one, last one I got was Excalibur, and it was "ok".

Of their near perfect consistancy run from The Reaper through Rheingold I thought The Grave Digger was their weakest.

No, The Grave Digger is their best album. Albums like Rheingold, Excalibur, Tunes of War, etc. are great in their own right, but this one is just on a level above all others. Songs like Raven, Grave Digger, Funeral Procession have such great choruses and others like House have memorable riffs.

The main thing is that, while I could get tired of the other albums after awhile, but The Grave Digger is one masterpiece that will continue to stay on top of my list.

Grave Digger's 80s album were okay, but they grow old fast. However, their 90s albums are quite good, Excalibur being my favorite.