GRAVE PLEASURES: 'Be My Hiroshima' Video Released

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Finnish post-punk quintet GRAVE PLEASURES has released the official video for the song "Be My Hiroshima", taken from the band's upcoming sophomore album, "Motherblood", due on September 29 via Century Media Records. "Be My Hiroshima" is available as a single on all streaming and download platforms and also as an instant-grat track on iTunes and Amazon. GRAVE PLEASURES vocalist Mat McNerney explains: "'Be My Hiroshima' is our love song for the apocalypse. The video is taken from our cover art by Tekla Vály. Images of Kali, the mother who sits on top of the cycle of life and death, birth and rebirth (and her consort Shiva who is the destroyer and transformer). As the dawn of man begins to draw to an end, it is her blood that we have shed, and like the sands of time it spills out. We are sacrificing our mother, and eating her flesh and drinking her blood. This is the eucharist which represents our extinction. Within her womb we are born and we are born to die there. It's an endless love affair with death. A love like motherblood." "Motherblood" was recorded in an old WW2 coding bunker at Orgone Studios in the U.K. by Jaime Gomez Arellano (GHOST, ULVER). It picks up where '80s U.K. bands such as MAGAZINE, THE WIRE and ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN left off, but never stopping long enough to look back too much into the past. Featuring guest vocals from David Tibet from CURRENT 93, the band sets the tone for their eclectic inspirations, from the esoteric underground of England's hidden reverse to Manchester's sound of misery. Formed out of the ashes of BEASTMILK, GRAVE PLEASURES features the writing talents of Mat McNerney (HEXVESSEL, BEASTMILK, CODE, DHG) and Juho Vanhanen (ORANSSI PAZUZU, ATOMIKYLÄ). The follow-up to 2015's "Dreamcrash", "Motherblood" is a truly danceable, contemporary pop-feast of raw, banging, gothic tribalism. Dance-floor death-rock that brings to mind glimpses of Bowie's Berlin era, KILLING JOKE (whom they toured with recently) and their underground past as BEASTMILK. Just about every part of this record bleeds menace, or emanates nuclear fumes. It's unsafe territory which in turn makes it thrilling, sexy and most dangerously of all, catchy. "Motherblood" embraces GRAVE PLEASURES' apocalyptic roots while taking their raw sound and songwriting to fierce new heights. The disc's cover artwork was created by Finnish artist Tekla Vály. GRAVE PLEASURES is: Mat McNerney - Vocals Juho Vanhanen - Guitar Aleksi Kiiskilä - Guitar Valtteri Arino - Bass Rainer Tuomikanto - Drums
gravepleasuresmotherbloodcd.jpg

Continue reading...