Great news! Crimson Glory present their new singer Todd La Torre!

I´m astonished how good sounds the guy. It´s almost impossible imagine Crimson Glory without Midnight but it´s an excellent election. I´d have choose Mark Vanderbilt, first Kamelot singer. His voice was almost exactly to Midnight. Ever there were rumors back in the day that he was "Midnight in disguise". However, Mark is lost and gone from the music I guess.

WOW! It still isn't the same, but I would actually see this.

I´m astonished how good sounds the guy. It´s almost impossible imagine Crimson Glory without Midnight but it´s an excellent election. I´d have choose Mark Vanderbilt, first Kamelot singer. His voice was almost exactly to Midnight. Ever there were rumors back in the day that he was "Midnight in disguise". However, Mark is lost and gone from the music I guess.

Mark Vanderbilt KIND OF sounded like Midnight, but he also had a real problem of sounding like a specific dude who wasn't known for singing...

OOOO BLACK TOWAAAAAGH WUT IS YOOOOAAAR POWAAAAAAAGH

operaman4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy sounds pretty damn good! I'd love to hear him sing Lonely.

I think the new Katagory V singer (the guy who did a PERFECT Queen of the Reich cover @ PPUSA X) would sound incredible in Crimson Glory.

Guy sounds incredible, hope the band gets things rolling for real this time around. They've already had a few "false starts" since Astronomica but I guess it didn't work out mostly because of Midnight.

Awesome! I'm a huge CG fan, and I'm glad to see they found someone this badass to front the band. Can't wait to see them live!

I've just heard LaTorre today, I guess I'm a bit late, but I still want to share my excitement! :headbang:
What a find! I just hope the new material will do justice to the first two classics to let the new guy shine properly...

It's very interesting how he states he had no knowledge of CG's music prior to the audition, yet he does Midnight 100%!

Saw Todd perform last year at ProgPower and he was pretty good. Met all of the CG guys and maybe one wife at the autograph table.

Coolest moment was chatting with Wade Black outside the Marriott. I took a break to head back to my hotel room and he was outside the hotel. Nice guy with zero attitude.

Least coolest moment was when one of the CG guys started demanding I buy a poster. Weird. I did pick up Midnight Tribute shirt beforehand though.

Gotta resurrect this thread, I'm so amazed by this guy's live performance at PPUSA X and the band as a whole (minor complaint would be for the bassist's slightly dorky appearance)
What do you think?

The other guys did a great job as well :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
When CG did their tribute to Midnight set at PPUSA, it was great to see all the heavyweights coming out to do their songs, then I noticed this smaller dude in the wings waiting to go on, had no idea who he was, but DAMN did he do an awesome job. I even said to the other techs that THIS should be the guy to continue on with CG, and sure enough he got the nod. Go see CG with Todd, It's the closest thing to Midnight you'll probably get. :headbang::kickass:

I have the PP DVD and the CG duets with Todd are the best stuff on there. Shame about the technical problems with the Midnight video tribute though.