Great Record Shop 10 minutes from venue

modernwizardry

I want stout!
Aug 18, 2009
Chicago, IL
satanshallow.bandcamp.com
There is a used music/movies/video game shop called Disc Replay about 10 minutes from the venue. They have a HUGE quality metal CD section. I find great stuff all the time and it's usually $7.99 per CD. Most of the guys that work there are really cool and into heavy metal. I know at least one of the guys is coming to the fest. Anyways while you're in town definitely check the shop out. They also have a lot of good 60's, 70's rock CD's and a great vinyl section. Lots of cool movie memorabilia, collectables as well. I'd recommend Saturday morning...that's usually when the cool dudes are there.

Disc Replay
1701 N Larkin Ave
Crest Hill, IL 60403

I've always had a dislike for Disc Replay because they generally overprice their cds, especially the metal ones. And I despise their return policy but I have found some pretty cool stuff their before such as Winter's Bane - Girth album which is extremely rare and goes for about $80 on ebay, and I got it for $20.

I've always had a dislike for Disc Replay because they generally overprice their cds, especially the metal ones. And I despise their return policy but I have found some pretty cool stuff their before such as Winter's Bane - Girth album which is extremely rare and goes for about $80 on ebay, and I got it for $20.

Every location of Disc Replay is pretty different. Crest Hill is by far the best IMO. There are a few that typically price every CD $4.99-$6.99 (Bolingbrook, Naperville). I found a bunch of 80's and early 90's thrash for 4.99/CD (DRI, Voivod, etc) at the Bolingbrook. Also these locations all reduced the size of their CD section.

Went to the Disc Replay in Downers Grove today, nothing attracted my interest except an Axenstar album, that I didn't purchase. I feel like there was not metal here at all, it was all mainstream metal crap. However, the price here are much much better than I've seen anywhere else, but since no selection needless to say I wont be back for awhile.

There is a used music/movies/video game shop called Disc Replay about 10 minutes from the venue. They have a HUGE quality metal CD section. I find great stuff all the time and it's usually $7.99 per CD. Most of the guys that work there are really cool and into heavy metal. I know at least one of the guys is coming to the fest. Anyways while you're in town definitely check the shop out. They also have a lot of good 60's, 70's rock CD's and a great vinyl section. Lots of cool movie memorabilia, collectables as well. I'd recommend Saturday morning...that's usually when the cool dudes are there.

Disc Replay
1701 N Larkin Ave
Crest Hill, IL 60403

Sweet. This is exactly what I look for when I'm visiting a new town.

Good call on this place. They had the best metal section I've seen in a long time, and I picked up about a dozen discs. The one down the road (Naperville?) had next to nothing. It was quite a contrast.

If you can find a Half Price books around you, they always seem to have a good selection as I have friends always talking about the stuff they were able to find there.