Green Carnation-- Vote! Vote! Vote!

i'd like to know a bit more about this band... A friend of mine read somewhere that they sound a bit like In The Woods, is it true?
thanx :)

Originally posted by Katmandoom
i'd like to know a bit more about this band... A friend of mine read somewhere that they sound a bit like In The Woods, is it true?
thanx :)

yes, but much more ...

you can get more info from our site: The End

also here are some quotes from reviews on the album:

This album is simply described by one word - BRILLIANT!!!...The time and care that were taken in the studio shows the intense desire to release something special when see what was all involved...Overall one of the best albums I have heard all year and a must have for any serious metal head.
-- Mystophales/Metal Crypt

It appears that the whole thing is something of an epic, perhaps a dream. It is very poetic lyrically, and emotional musically. At times aggressive, and at times reflective.
-- Critical Metal dot com

I feel this CD is an expression wrapped in a crystal clear, well-produced, not to mention well-thought-out, piece of music.... With a break from the action at the 33-minute mark for a Middle Eastern-flavoured female vocal solo, each piece seems so perfectly placed, you wonder if divine intervention was involved in this recording. Everything is perfect.
-- Wes/Metal Observer

... Light of Day, Day of Darkness is a single song, sixty minute affair... Green Carnation, though some exceptionally brilliant songwriting, has created a song that magically flows from beginning to end as a resolute journey and completely seamless transitions between passages and movements.
-- John ChedseySatan Stole My Tettybear

Hot on the heels of last year's debut effort, Journey to the End of Night, Green Carnation has resurfaced with an ambitious project that may redefine the terms "epic" and "grandiose" in regard to heavy metal.... The production of the album is fantastic. Everything is crystal clear and still retains an organic, cozy feel.
-- Martin Popoff/BW&BK

There are so many textures and moods contained in this sixty minutes that simple leaves you awestruck upon its completion, as if ending some surreal journey.
-- Erik Thomas/Digital Metal

It's essential that you listen to this album all the way through every time you listen to it. "Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness" is a concept album and by listening closely to the lyrics while listening to the music you'll discover new deeper dimensions in the music - and your inner self.
-- Al Blisten/Beat the Blizzard

... I must say I find it magnificent. Nothing is out of place, nothing is monotonous, and everything is mind blowing...The musicianship is top notch, the melodic passages that guide most of the album are extremely well thought out and impeccably executed.
-- Ed Cid/Metal Rules

...Green Carnation seek to fill this void, and with this one hour long track, covering a million strange moods and some very powerful moments, they have created one of the most interesting pieces I have ever heard.
-- GNOSiSzine

"Light of Day, Day of Darkness" is a real classic of the avantgarde metal, an album to include in the list of the best metal albums of the history, to listen in good and sad moments... MARVELOUS!!!!
-- KREPUSKULUM

I'm listening to 'Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness' right now for the second time - I bought it earlier on today after seeing a lot of good press about it. It's a truly fantastic album - doesn't flow quite as seemlessly as the press seems to make out, as there are a few places (the 33 minute-mark being one) where you could definitely place track markers, but overall it's a brilliant piece of music - sounds like a cross between Opeth, My Dying Bride and, occasionally, Tool's eastern influences too.

I'll be reviewing it for the site soon, but until I do, I'll just say this - go and buy it right this second!

Actually I was disappointed by GC's first album as it got quite boring after a short time. And I could not imagine that Tchort would be able to progress that incredibly much with his/their second release.
I've been listening to "Light of Day..." for about 20 times now and cannot get away from it any more. It's like Devin Townsend's "Terria" but much more taken towards 70's influences and ProgRock. The only thing that bothers me is the "ethno"-part at about 30 mins that does not fit into the whole album at all

On the whole I'd recommend this album to people who'd like to discover progrock in metal-sound and who do not mind listening to a solo-one-hour-track. (did you ever hear of Track-markers? Oxiplegatz do... :err: )