Greetings from Great Britain!

Awesome, Myrkskog! I've wanted to come see the UK and Ireland for decades now, follow my heritage (Irish/English/Scottish) and all that..maybe some day I'll make it over there! :)

Originally posted by Myrkskog
i've always wanted to visit ireland as i'm half Irish. i've had enough of London!

So as someone who lives in London, I'm curious, if I might ask..what are your feelings about the division of Northern Ireland & all that? I have friends who are big into reunification, but they're all Irish Americans like me..I've always wanted to ask someone who lives over there what they thought.

i dont have an opinion on it. I've got family over in Ireland but i've never been there and i've never been to Northern Ireland either. But there's group in both Ireland and N. Ireland who are against the reformation and one who are for it. i dont know enough on the subject to form an opinion. Why are your friends big into the reunification of Ireland? i thought only people from either of the two countries would care.

They're just people of Irish ancestry who seem hell bent on *their homeland* being in one piece again..not quite sure why it matters to them if they don't have to live there & never have, but it's quite a big deal to them.

Thanks for your answer! :)