Grey Skies Fallen

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
This is cross-posted with the Opeth forum, but having listened to this band a lot more has me convinced a good deal of Katatonia fans may like this band. Check them out:

I used to love this band - I remember buying their first album way back in 1999 or 2000 and immediately loving it. Somehow though, I've lost touch with them over the years and today while browsing the main board I saw one of the guys posting a link to their site where we can download their entire discography. So I went and checked out some of their songs from their last album and think it's still amazing. The members cite a wide range of influences/favourites on the site, ranging from the likes of Pink Floyd, Radiohead and Anathema to Opeth, Nightingale, Dark Tranquillity, Tool, Camel, and Mogwai -- all bands I like to one degree or another. They also have a great interest in all kinds of death and black metal, and their music is a great reflection of it all.

Does anyone else like this band?

www.greyskiesfallen.com

This is quite impressive music right here. And the albums can ALL be downloaded free of charge? Why on earth would these guys be so kind? I guess I can't really complain, but wtf?

That new tune from the upcoming album is so full of energy and packed with killer riffing (kinda reminds me of a mix of Opeth/Emperor hehe). I really, really like it a lot.

Hey guys. Thanks for checking the stuff out. It is greatly appreciated!

I've been thinking about ways to get people to hear our music, and this was the first idea I came up with.

Hundreds of people have downloaded the albums already. This is more than I could have hoped for. Thanks for helping spread the word!

Rick
GSF

Hey guys. Thanks for checking the stuff out. It is greatly appreciated!

I've been thinking about ways to get people to hear our music, and this was the first idea I came up with.

Hundreds of people have downloaded the albums already. This is more than I could have hoped for. Thanks for helping spread the word!

Rick
GSF

Well, dude, congrats - brilliant idea (i kinda figured it was an act of promotion, even though it's quite surpring to me - one HELL of a promotion, no doubt!) ;) and I wish nothing but success for you guys! :D I'm next in line to download those three albums.

Cheers!

Well, dude, congrats - brilliant idea (i kinda figured it was an act of promotion, even though it's quite surpring to me - one HELL of a promotion, no doubt!) ;) and I wish nothing but success for you guys! :D I'm next in line to download those three albums.

Cheers!

Thanks man. I hope you enjoy them. I just felt like we had to do something. I just hate the idea that nobody's really heard us before. Hopefully this will help.

Thanks for bringing this band to my attention =) I downloaded 'Tomorrow's In Doubt', and I'm really enjoying it. I'm strongly considering buying all 3 from the website. When I have the money, that is ;)

Thanks for bringing this band to my attention =) I downloaded 'Tomorrow's In Doubt', and I'm really enjoying it. I'm strongly considering buying all 3 from the website. When I have the money, that is ;)

We're running very low on The Fate of Angels and Tomorrow's in Doubt. We need to get more very soon. I need to call some people. lol