Grind Anyone?

takenoprisoners

New Metal Member
I was wondering how many of you folks are into Grind. Does anyone like Grind here? If so, what are some good new Grind bands to check out? What have you been listening to lately?
I just got Rotten Sound's "Murderworks" and it is absolutely brutal. I think it is the best Gring album to date. Anyone have any similar or differing impressions? Some albums that I have been listening to lately are Phobia "Serenity Through Pain," Nasum "Human 2.0," Vulgar Pigeons "Summary Execution" and every Spazz album ever! I checked out Uphill Battle's "Uphill Battle" and it was ok (nothing spectacular, really). Any comments? Any Grind tours coming up? Looking for friends in Grind...

Depends on what you mean by grind... never heard what you're talking about... the only stuff I like that the artists call "Grind would be:

Carcass
Hateplow

Well, I have all the Nile and Cryptopsy... Didn't really care much for Dying Fetus, and don't care much for Napalm Death either.

Krisiun is something I'm going to check out...

But that's all Death Metal, right?
Never heard Decapitated.

Napalm Death invented grindcore with their first album, Scum...
I also listen to Nasum, Lock Up, Suppository, Carcass, Brutal Truth, Cephalic Carnage, Luddite Clone, and a few other decent grind bands. Check out the Braindead website for news and reviews about grindcore and goregrind related bands (the link's in the Music Related Links section of my website - http://www.geocities.com/philwhitehouse ).

hey blasphemer ,, thank you ,, i was gonna do exactly what you did there, they were all death metal bands

when i think of grind,
i think of
assuck
circle of dead children
narcosis
kevorkian solution
discordance axis
excruciating terror
enemy soil
nasum (first album especially)
extreme noise terror
shank
brutal truth
old carcass
cephalic carnage
cephalectomy ..

thats more like it!! :)

I also really like Yellow Machine Gun, Total Fury and Melt Banana. They are all brutal Japanese grind bands. Has anyone heard of them? I saw all three live, separately, and it was really intense. If you are a true Grind fan, definetly check out Rotten Sound's "Murderworks." Per from The Haunted said that the drummer of Rotten Sound is awesome and the best grind drummer ever. That says alot coming from an awesome drummer.