Group Buy???

MKS

May 24, 2005
There are enough of us on this forum that we have the power to iniate "group buys", What do you guys think? I'm sure we could try to get a "group buy" on something in the near future.

Group buys have worked out fairly well at the Cakewalk forums. I also purchased most of my East/West software with "group buy" discounts.

Just a thought........

What kinda thing would you be thinking? I'm sure we could all use another 57, hah :)

Cables maybe? Or really standard auralex stuff that everyone uses, or mic stands. Or the stupid little things that we know we pay 20x too much for, like IEC leads, rack bolts...

I could use another 57..... My hookup at guitar center sold me mine for $89, so if we could get cheaper than that on a group buy I'll take a few. I could use a SM7 also...

I could use another 57..... My hookup at guitar center sold me mine for $89, so if we could get cheaper than that on a group buy I'll take a few. I could use a SM7 also...

I cautiously second this. I'm inclined to agree but I'm not sure I could follow through and actually deal with it. What does it intail?

I'm probably thinking that if you live in the US, buying from the UK would be shockingly priced.

Exchange rate is like £1 : $1.95

Sounds cool, although shipping from UK - US or vice versa is costly... I'm interested in this idea. Perhaps we should have a UK group buy and a US group buy as two separate groups?

I'm interested in an RNC, RNP, or 57, in that order.