Guitar Instructional Videos

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
I was thinking James, if you ever had the free time and willpower to do some home-baked guitar instruction videos for us less experienced folks, it would be a really cool thing. I know you hang around UM a fair bit and I know the community here would certainly appreciate it (and its fun to do videos to boot :)).

Just an idea anyway.

yeah.. had a blast recording Gus at the Guitar X School in London.. good stuff for sure. most of that stuff will make it's way onto the free DVD that will come with the Death Tribute CD.

as far as doing an actual instructional video/dvd myself, i would need the time to make it right.. there's too many crappy vids out there already and i don't want to rush to contribute to the heap.

I cant wait for the Tribute album, let alone a DVD. James spoils us, he does haha. But an instructional video would just kick so much arse, someday down the track. Hope everything is still going well James.

James Murphy said:
as far as doing an actual instructional video/dvd myself, i would need the time to make it right.. there's too many crappy vids out there already and i don't want to rush to contribute to the heap.

And even if you did make an instructional DVD, I bet you would only make it for those already advanced shredders, and not for us poor beginner/intermediate players. Wouldn't you?

yell.gif
WOULDN'T YOU?

"Hi I'm James Murphy and before we begin I must stress that this DVD is not for beginners... now today I'm going to show you the art of applying an 'on-again off-again' Diminished 7th chord formula in the Phrygian scale while incorporating a pivot sweep 'round the fretboard in 8/16 time, keeping in mind the change from the Amelodic Minor Ascending..."

J/k
tickled.gif

Nitronium Blood said:
"Hi I'm James Murphy and before we begin I must stress that this DVD is not for beginners... now today I'm going to show you the art of applying an 'on-again off-again' Diminished 7th chord formula in the Phrygian scale while incorporating a pivot sweep 'round the fretboard in 8/16 time, keeping in mind the change from the Amelodic Minor Ascending..."

o_O :erk: Just....beat me with a large, blunt tree...

I'm happy to hear about the DVD though. I had been pretty interested in checking out the Tribute CD, but since I've still got Death CDs I havent been able to purchase yet, it wasn't as high up on the list. That pushes it a bit more. :D