Guitar Instrumental - Recab 3.5

schust

Oct 24, 2007
soundcloud.com
New guitar instrumental.

Was lucky enough to add Recabinet 3.5 to the mix! Thanks Shane!

Feedback on the mix would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mark

edit: 3/29/2013, New Mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
get used to it, this forum is dead..
and it sounds awesome man! If I were you, I would try to get better drums, fatter and more in your face..at the moment they sound like one of these home made backing tracks that you get online :)
but this is just my opinion :)

amazing playing! love the song :D and thats rare because i rarely enjoy intrumental "shred" songs

get used to it, this forum is dead..
and it sounds awesome man! If I were you, I would try to get better drums, fatter and more in your face..at the moment they sound like one of these home made backing tracks that you get online :)
but this is just my opinion :)

theyre Metal Machine :err: if they dont sound like joey or chango theyre cheap homemade backing tracks?

good ears Habsburgs, or maybe it's just that obvious.. ;) MetalMachine is right and drums are compliments of Mr. Tempesta. I'm not sure he'd be happy to hear he sounds like a 'home made backing track' lol..

Thanks guys!

[/QUOTE]If I were you, I would try to get better drums, fatter and more in your face..at the moment they sound like one of these home made backing tracks that you get online :)
but this is just my opinion :)[/QUOTE]

First off, thats crap. Those drums sound GOOD!
All they need is some better mixing, and parallell compression on the shells.

Turn down your guitars more, and those drums won´t be buried.

Keep up the great work bud!

thanks man.. believe it or not, i do have parallel comp going on - but decided to try a new compressor on this mix, Audio Damage's rough rider. it's a good comp, but takes a little practice to discover it's hidden talents. a lot of people around here swear by the Avatar toms - and often recommend swapping them out for the MetalMachine and MetalFoundry ones. i should get off my lazy ass and do that one of these days..;) thanks again for the listen/comments!

edit: quotes must be f**ked today...

thanks man.. believe it or not, i do have parallel comp going on - but decided to try a new compressor on this mix, Audio Damage's rough rider. it's a good comp, but takes a little practice to discover it's hidden talents. a lot of people around here swear by the Avatar toms - and often recommend swapping them out for the MetalMachine and MetalFoundry ones. i should get off my lazy ass and do that one of these days..;) thanks again for the listen/comments!

edit: quotes must be f**ked today...

Yeah, i guess they sound pretty good, haven´t heard them in a long time though. Jup, guess they were f**ked a little that day ;D

Very old school sounding! The drums sound great, but I think the overheads/cymbals could come down a little. You also might want to automate the bass a bit, some of the notes (especially higher notes) sound a lot louder than the others. Over sounds pretty good though!

Very old school sounding! The drums sound great, but I think the overheads/cymbals could come down a little. You also might want to automate the bass a bit, some of the notes (especially higher notes) sound a lot louder than the others. Over sounds pretty good though!

Thanks. I've read a lot of guys here use a brickwall limiter on the bass, so i've been doing that for awhile. really helps, but you really have to watch it - especially if you dink with any plug in the chain... thanks for the listen/comments!