Guitar intro to Your Darkest Hour

sknight

Are You Morbid?
I'm not a musician, so please forgive any questions I present like this.

How was the guitar effect that started off "Your Darkest Hour" created? Is this straight playing, or was it created through effects?

It sounds awesome, as well as the drumming. Really sets the mood. Live, it must create a total party atmosphere. Full of energy.

probaly using pedal tones. but i think it jut flat out playing with distortion.

darket hour is a really good song i especially like the rythem of the keyboards, rikard i a good keyboardist

sknight said:
I'm not a musician, so please forgive any questions I present like this.

How was the guitar effect that started off "Your Darkest Hour" created? Is this straight playing, or was it created through effects?

It sounds awesome, as well as the drumming. Really sets the mood. Live, it must create a total party atmosphere. Full of energy.
It's an auto-wah, which is a filter based effect. I would explain further, but I dunno how I would explain it.

Thrash_Legion said:
its just distortion witha wah pedal i dont think its an auto wah. It has such a catchy toon to it, very addictive.
If it is a foot pedal and not an auto-wah stomp box or anything, then I'm gunna have to figure out how to play it with a pedal, cuz it's hard to coordinate like that, lol.

To me (I could be wrong, its happened once ot twice before) it could be an auto wah, however i think its just a way pedal with a few f/x in it like a phazer or flanger on top of the distortion. Its hard to tell by just listening to it. I think its tough to duplicate a players sound with out that exact system. well thats my 2 cents!

To me (I could be wrong, its happened once ot twice before) it could be an auto wah, however i think its just a wah pedal with a few f/x in it like a phazer or flanger on top of the distortion. Its hard to tell by just listening to it. I think its tough to duplicate a players sound with out that exact system. well thats my 2 cents!