Guitar Pro file of Crimson?

asphyXy

Clad in Shadows
Sep 3, 2002
Under a Funeral Moon
asphyxy.net
Does anyone know if a Guitar Pro file of Crimson exists? Even if its partial or anything. I want to learn the whole thing [this may take a while :D], and it'd be easier if I had a guitar pro file to work with. I thought about making one myself, but that would take ages.

If there are no guitar pro files of Crimson out there, does anyone want to help in making one?

oh, and btw, Dans guitar is in DADADE (low to high) tuning, like on the record. I'll probably re-arrange it for Drop-D when finishing the tab though. Dread and Sami are tuned A. The bass on the record is actually just a fourstring tuned D(!) but I'm gonna use a five-string tuned down one step, to reach A instead.

Is that tuning Dan uses (DADADE) an example of open tuning? I have read a bit about this lately on the Opeth board (Mike's considering using open tuning on his albums) and this sounds similar to one of the examples people gave.

Yeah...that tuning was invented by mistake while I was tuning up a new guitar (That I just had bought from Mr. Åkerfeldt!!) and I just happened to write the Nightfall Overture riff and the rest is history. All guitars on the first 2 Nightingale CD's have that tuning (Except for Steal the Moon and Gypsy Eyes which have either normal tuning or a very very bizarre open tuning) and Crimson 1 is the Dsus tuning all the way thru..correct.

Hey Dan, may I ask what kind of a guitar it was that you bought from Mike?? Im very interested in that kind of stuff, especially when it is the gear that my favorite musicians use. If Mike sold you his old Jackson RR, then you were very right to buy it, because those guitars are the next best thing to what is in my avatar.