guitar pro writing

HauknessX

Jan 21, 2004
Mass
do you guys think its cheap if you write your bands songs directly on guitar pro? cause i mean the point of music is to make music that sounds good..not to prove how good you are at writing on guitar or whatever, but idk, something about it seems like chaeting, even though musics not exactly a sport or anything. your thoughts??

I tab a lot of things in guitar pro, so I have early revisions of things that I write, because I have a tendency to change things, and forget what I wrote. If I want to go back, all I have to do is review the earlier draft. Prettymuch like taking notes.

Yeah, Guitar Pro is a great way for you to get your ideas across to the other band mates, if your write it in right ofcourse. My band makes music in guitar pro all the time it works out great.

wtf?:lol:
I use it to tab my ideas.
It's not fucking cheating. I play on guitar what comes to my mind and if it sounds good I write it. And I can save it and it's good for me cause I usually forget things:p

i mean of course i tab stuff i write on guitar on it...but i was saying if u actually make the song on guitar pro before u play it on guitar, but ya, if other famous bands do it, maybe i will do it hah

HauknessX said:
i mean of course i tab stuff i write on guitar on it...but i was saying if u actually make the song on guitar pro before u play it on guitar, but ya, if other famous bands do it, maybe i will do it hah

I do it, when I'm in school and I hear something and I'm on my laptop or something, I'll open guitar pro and tab out a rough sound of what I hear in my head, take it home and try to get it to fit into something.