Guitar techs in SW Ohio

doc_backmask

Aug 2, 2006
Dayton, OH
www.backmask.com
So, my dad gave me a brand spankin' new Martin D-28 for finishing my doctorate. He gave me the guitar right after I moved across the country and I didn't think it needed anything at the time. I've had it out here for about five months now, and can tell it needs some adjustments, but I don't know any good guitar techs or luthiers out here. Does anyone in the tri-state area have any suggestions (Indy, Cincy, Dayton, Columbus, Northern Kentucky)?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard :kickass:

If you don't mind driving to Columbus, J Thomas Davis would be the place to go. Check to make sure he is still in business though, might have gave up during the fall of the economy.

check the cincinatti craigslist, i see a lot of people on there advertising tech services in the instruments section

if not, i know a forum member who can get you hooked up, but they're a little over an hour away from you

also, i'm only like a 1/2 hr. from dayton...we should totally kick it and have some beers sometime or something

Thanks guys! I'll definitely check both J Thomas Davis and Cincy CL. Although, I"m hesitant to trust this axe with a CL person. I'd rather go with a personal recommendation.

BTW Doc, what are you doing in Ohio? Job?

Job it is. After finishing up in Cali, I found a company here in Dayton doing pretty much exactly what I had hoped for, so I was able to remain in my field of interest. Its been a ton of fun, even this ridiculous amount of snow we've had recently has been awesome (a lot different from 365 days of sun, 70, and bikinis).

also, i'm only like a 1/2 hr. from dayton...we should totally kick it and have some beers sometime or something

I'm down anytime. Also a homebrewer, so you're more than welcome. :kickass:

nice

i'm in richmond, IN if you happen to know where that is, and am also a cali transplant to the infernal shithole that is the midwest

I'm in Cincy right on the river, there's a place across the street from me called J's Luthier and i've heard some good things about them, all us local guys should get together and have some beers, i got some bars around here that have the best prices I've ever seen so drinks!

Awesome, I just looked up where J Thomas Davis is, I can drop of my guitar, head down to Barley's for a beer, and pick up the git on my way back out! Definitely going to give them a call. The weather may even be nice enough for a trip this weekend!

Sometime in the early spring we should all definitely meet up for beers. Especially if any good metal shows are scheduled (I still don't know any local venues).

there isn't shit for venues in dayton

cincinnati has bogart's, which is pretty decent, and there's a couple cool spots in columbus as well

speaking of which, me and a few guys i know will be hitting up a suffocation show in columbus on the 23rd...