Guitar Tone

Dead_Daylight

Jun 25, 2003
Dallas, TX
Visit site
I love the guitar tones on both the crimson albums ( and other melodic/death bands)they both seem the same at some points but the Crimson II tone seems to have more of a modern feel of the old tone anyway i dig the old sounding tones even if they seem modern (if that made any sense). I recently heard you can get the ol swedish tone as i like to call it by takin two Boss distortion pedals the heavy metal pedal and the metal zone run them together at the same time and do a little mid boost and some other adjustments and you get the tone. Is that correct please someone tell me cause if thats all i gotta do ill do it NOW. PLEASE RESPOND. Thanks \m/

or if this theory is untrue and you know a way to get the tone tell me please

Hi there

The HM-2 pedal is a part of the Entombed (Bloodbath...) style sound..Let it collide with either another pedal or the built in distortion in your amp.

I used PODXT for Crimson II and I think the guitarsound is OK, but far from perfect...

Thank you Dan i will definately check out the pedal bc the bloodbath sound is awsome for just a steady death jam session. As for your Crimson II tone i have a line 6 HD head wich is basically the POD in an amp way is there any good suggestions for settings ? sorry to be a pain heh i love the tone you guys make and mine are far from it and far from original.

I cranked that poor XT so much with various plugins that the only thing that remains is the powersupply!!!

I have now switched to the software amp TRASH

It ruuuules

D