GUNS N' ROSES Denies Having 'Where's IZZY?' Sign Destroyed At Nashville Show

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, a GUNS N' ROSES fan named Caroline Campos is claiming that a poster she brought to the band's concert in Nashville on July 9, which read "Where's Izzy?" — asking why original guitarist Izzy Stradlin was not involved in the current tour — was taken from her and ripped to shreds at the request of the band itself. Campos wrote: "When the original drummer ‪#‎stevenadler‬ came out to play his set, I held up my sign with cheers from most of the people in my section. Axl looked at my sign and started laughing and said 'That's a good question!' He seemed to appreciate the sign." But Campos then said that 15 minutes later, her section got "swarmed" by security and stage crew members asking "Who has the 'Where's Izzy' sign?" She continued, "Eventually they… saw the sign tucked under my chair. A guy in jeans and a black shirt tapped my shoulder and said 'Is that your sign? You need to give it to me.' I said 'Why? Who are you?' He showed a badge and said 'I'm with the band and they've asked for the sign to be removed.' I said, 'We aren't allowed to have signs?? But I read that..' and he cut me off and said 'You can't have THAT sign. Give it to me.' I gave it to him and he walked away folding and ripping it up." A representative for GUNS N' ROSES later told Ultimate Guitar, "GN'R would never make this request! Izzy/b> is family!" While original drummer Steven Adler has played a couple of songs each at two recent GUNS shows, Izzy Stradlin remains the last original member of the band to keep his distance from the current reunion featuring core members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan. There were unconfirmed reports that Stradlin was approached about the reunion, but did not wish to tour and/or was not happy with the money he was offered. GUNS N' ROSES next plays on Thursday (July 14) in Philadelphia.

Continue reading...