GUS G - Brand New Revolution

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
GUS G. PREMIERS “BURN” LYRIC VIDEO; BRAND NEW REVOLUTION ARTWORK “MAKING OF” VIDEO STREAMING

Ozzy Osbourne / Firewind guitarist Gus G. has debuted the first song off his upcoming sophomore solo album, Brand New Revolution, which will be released on July 24th via Century Media Records in Europe, Australia and South America, Dismanic / eOne in North America and King Records in Japan.

Check out the song “Burn”, which features vocals by Jacob Bunton (Adler, Lynam), via a lyric video below.

Teaser:

Additionally, a “making of” video for the artwork for Brand New Revolution, made by Gustavo Sazes, can be viewed below:

gusgalbum.jpg

The album features guest vocal appearances by Jeff Scott Soto (ex-Journey, Talisman), Elize Ryd (Amaranthe), Jacob Bunton (Adler, Lynam) and Mats Levén (Candlemass, ex-Yngwie Malmsteen).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Still quite far from Firewind in sound, more in the style of his first solo album (modern hard rock). No problem for me, I really enjoyed the 1st disc.

I find the album to be a bit average song wise. It's not bad though far from it, but it fades badly if you compare to say Tremonti, when it comes to modern rock. Agree that the Soto songs are the best.

Its more accessible to my ears than the new Tremonti. I think Mark is going super heavy just to try it, the first Tremonti album was way better in my opinion. Gus is just a way better lead guitarist too. The more I listen to this album the more I like it....

Bear

I was bummed when Apollo left Firewind (still am as I love his voice) but think Henning Basse is a great replacement. Now we need a new album!!

GUS G. ANNOUNCES LIMITED NORTH AMERICAN HEADLINING TOUR THIS APRIL

"...Gus G. will embark on a mini North American headlining tour from April 15th - 24th.

Says Gus G.: "I'm very excited to play my first US and Canada shows in support of my new album, Brand New Revolution! I purposely decided to do select, VERY exclusive and intimate shows for my die-hard followers. I know it's been long overdue and I hope to see you all there for some loud, hot and sweaty rocking nights.

“I will be playing mainly material from my two solo albums, but there will be some classic Firewind, Ozzy and Black Sabbath songs sprinkled into the set as well. These shows are not to be missed...."

gusnatourfeb.jpg

April
15 - Rock Island, IL - Ribco
16 - Westland, MI - Token Lounge
17 - Bradley, IL - The Looney Bin
19 - Clifton, NJ - Dingbatz
20 - Ottawa, Canada - Brass Monkey
21 - Toronto, Canada - The Rockpile
22 - Long Branch, NJ - The Brighton Bar
24 - Elmhurst, NY - Blackthorne 51

OZZY OSBOURNE / FIREWIND GUITARIST GUS G. LAUNCHES VIDEO TRAILER FOR UPCOMING NORTH AMERICAN HEADLINE TOUR; MEMBERS OF BACKING BAND CONFIRMED

"...Says Gus G.: "I'm stoked to announce that I'll be joined by some amazing musicians on my upcoming North American dates. Jeramie Klinger (drums) and Taylor Nordberg (bass), both from The Absence and on vocals we have the one and the only Rob Rock of Impelliteri! Rob and I have been friends for many years, we toured Japan back in 2004 and have also co-written the title track of Rob's solo album, Garden Of Chaos, a few years ago. I couldn't be happier that we will finally tour together again. This tour just got more special. The shows will be intimate, packed & loud. Make sure not to miss it."...."

GUS G. JOINS FORCES WITH RENOWNED SHREDDER ANGEL VIVALDI FOR THE OPERATION DOMINATION US CO-HEADLINING TOUR

gusvivtourjune.jpg

August
31 - New York, NY - The Studio At Webster Hall

September
1 - Philadelphia, PA - The Voltage Lounge
2 - Cambridge, MA - The Middle East
3 - Leonardtown, MD - Park Rock @ St. Mary’S Fairgrounds
6 - Winter Park, FL - The Haven
7 - Tampa, FL - Orpheum
9 - Stafford, TX - The Pub Fountains
10 - Ft. Worth, TX - The Rail Club
12 - Hollywood, CA - The Whisky