Gypsy swing guitar

Pharaoh

Oct 16, 2002
LITITZ, PA
Visit site
I know there are a lot of guitarists here. Is anyone familiar with Jimmy Rosenberg and his trio called "SINTI" ?? They were "The Gypsy Kids" till he changed their name. I've been a fan for years. This kid started playing gypsy swing in clubs at age 13. He's amazingly fast and precise on acoustic guitar. I don't know where to direct you to sample sound files, but if you can ever hear him, you just won't believe his talent. I'm curious to know if anyone else loves his music.

I know that guy. My friend is a gypsy fanatic and has shown me a bunch of bootleg vids of him and his brother Stochello. He tells me Jimmy had to sell his guitar (!!!) because he was so poor and went to jail for stealing or something, he's also a druggie now and his family denounces him. Pretty sad, since he was the most gifted of the group.

Yngvai X said:
I know that guy. My friend is a gypsy fanatic and has shown me a bunch of bootleg vids of him and his brother Stochello. He tells me Jimmy had to sell his guitar (!!!) because he was so poor and went to jail for stealing or something, he's also a druggie now and his family denounces him. Pretty sad, since he was the most gifted of the group.

OH NO. This is really sad news to me. Sell his guitar????!!! He was so talented....I never heard anyone play acoustic as fast and precise as Jimmy. Do you remember where your friend read about this?
:cry: