Hahahaha! (Toto related)

Dado-x

Senior Citizen
Sep 17, 2002
Slovenia
Visit site
From the official Toto site:

David Paich will not be able take part in TOTO's summer tour! TOTO guitarist and founder Steve Lukather explains the exact reasons in the follwing band statement:
"David will be missing the summer tour due to a sex change operation. His dreams of becoming who he REALLY is, a woman, need to be realized. The lie he has been living has been difficult for his family and for us as a band. It will be our pleasure to intruduce "Davida" in the Fall. This has been a long time coming and we wish him a quick healthy recovery. We are pleased to announce that Greg Phillinganes, most notable of the Eric Clapton band, will be joining Luke, Mike, Simon and Bobby for the tour. TOTO".

:lol: More power to him/her, I guess

Toto-related Trivia

"Toto" is a famous Japanese toilet manufacturer. I never liked Toto (the band), so it gave extra meaning to relieving myself when I lived in Japan.

Holy shit! hahahahahaha :lol: i'm laughing hysterically right now :D

"Toto" is a famous Japanese toilet manufacturer. I never liked Toto (the band), so it gave extra meaning to relieving myself when I lived in Japan.

You don't wanna know what Toto means in spanish :p

Eeeww
yikes.gif

Here's an update from the Toto website

David Paich to miss summer tour - update — 14 June 2003

As most of the fans have realised immediately, the last band statement regarding David Paich’s absence of the summer tour was a joke and just partially true. It is correct that David won´t be able to do the summer shows, however the band wanted to bring a lighter and more funny note to this sad news! There are already much too little laughter in the world!
The band never expected that this joke would be taken so seriously, especially by the media, as it was so obvious with the used wording that it was a joke. None of the press coverage of this "story" was prefaced by any type of confirmation from any of the agencies who publicized the story. Had they called management to verify the story's validity, they would have been informed that the story was a fake.
The real reason for David’s absence isn´t funny. David has to stay at home over the summer due to a serious illnes of a close family member. David will certainly be back with the band in fall for the Night of the Proms tour and the preparations for a new Toto album. As mentioned, the eminent Greg Phillinganes will replace David during the summer tour.
The band apologizes if this joke has offended any one. And, a quote from Luke: "We love everyone and we are sorry it got out of control. One look at Dave and you would see it's an impossible story."

When I first heard it I didn't really think it was a joke, just plain weird. Toto with a woman who used to be a man at the piano!? Not to sound sexist or anything, but a band of such intelligence, a MAN of such immense musical talent doing a sex-change?! Not that it'd change their music and since none of us have anything to do with his private life or anything... But I would loose a bit of respect for him though. Anyway, I just laughed with relief when my sister told me she read on the TV it was just a joke. Indeed. :D TOTO FOREVER!