HAIL!! The new Metal supergroup!!

HAIL! — the new all-star project featuring guitarist Andreas Kisser (SEPULTURA), vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (JUDAS PRIEST, BEYOND FEAR, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ICED EARTH), drummer Jimmy DeGrasso (ALICE COOPER, MEGADETH) and bassist David Ellefson (F5, MEGADETH) — is planning "a full Scandinavian tour" in September. Several other European "surprises" are being discused and will be announced soon.

Following a hugely successful sold-out tour of Chile in January, HAIL! will play several dates in Europe in late April and early May.

The details are as follows:

Apr. 26 - Athens, Greece @ Kytarro
Apr. 27 - Istanbul, Turkey @ Jolly Joker Balans
Apr. 28 - Budapest, Hungary @ [to be announced]
Apr. 29 - Zagreb, Croatia @ Boogaloo
Apr. 30 - Innsbruck, Austria @ Haifen
May 01 - Vienna, Austria @ Maifest

Addressing the constant question of why HAIL!'s intention is to play the far-off reaches, Ripper explained, "Our goal is to play everywhere. We want the opportunity to personally say hello and have a beer with every fan on the planet." DeGrasso added, All of us grew up in smaller cities and just because we didn't have the same chance to see our favorite bands play locally doesn't mean it affected our love of music any less — in fact, it made our passion that much stronger. When we did get that chance, it was a special event and we appreciated it that much more. Sure, it costs a lot more money and time to travel to some of these places, but the reward is hopefully making a dream come true and providing an exciting experience that you will never forget. The fans have been super-appreciative of our efforts to play for them, and we will do our best to honor and return the respect they have generously shown to us."

HAIL! took part in a press conference on January 26, 2009 in Antofagasta, Chile. Watch the question-and-session in two parts below.

HAIL!'s five-show Chilean tour kicked off on January 22 at Rock & Guitarras in Santiago. The band had its January 23 concert at El Huevo in Valparaiso, Chile professionally filmed, although it's unclear if there are any plans to release the footage.

The group's setlist included the following tracks:

* Ace of Spades (MOTÖRHEAD)
* Territory (SEPULTURA)
* Symphony of Destruction (MEGADETH)
* Grinder (JUDAS PRIEST)
* Fucking Hostile (PANTERA)
* Walk (PANTERA)
* Balls To The Walls (ACCEPT)
* Neon Knights (BLACK SABBATH)
* Wrathchild (IRON MAIDEN)
* The Green Manalishi (JUDAS PRIEST)
* Metal Gods (JUDAS PRIEST)
* Peace Sells / Paranoid / Peace Sells (MEGADETH - BLACK SABBATH medley)
* Refuse/Resist (SEPULTURA)
* Whiplash (METALLICA)

Press Conference Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_wy...com/blabbermouth.net/&feature=player_embedded

Press Conference Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqbE...com/blabbermouth.net/&feature=player_embedded

Video footage below is from HAIL!'s January 24 show at Havana club in Concepcion, Chile (clip courtesy of Chilean newspaper El Sur).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtc...com/blabbermouth.net/&feature=player_embedded

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hooray, another band for Ripper to kick arse in then get the arse from :lol:

It may just be a cover band so far but I'd still go out of my way to see them.

Meh, i dont care about the names. Sure, seeing the real IRON MAIDEN over a cover band is better, coz they're the real thing, they are the guys who wrote the tunes and created the music. It's like seeing bands like Megadeth now, all the guys are new except Mustaine. I like my bands to 1) make good music, but 2) I actually want the people who wrote the music at the time to perform it. Otherwise, it's just a cover band.

Meh, i dont care about the names. Sure, seeing the real IRON MAIDEN over a cover band is better, coz they're the real thing, they are the guys who wrote the tunes and created the music. It's like seeing bands like Megadeth now, all the guys are new except Mustaine. I like my bands to 1) make good music, but 2) I actually want the people who wrote the music at the time to perform it. Otherwise, it's just a cover band.

Fair point Stormy.
Who would have thought you were capable of such things?:lol: