Haken - Great prog metal

Yeah, they sound quite good. Nice jazzy almost psychedelic prog metal. Album will be out at the end of this month over at LaserCD.

It does indeed. I picked it up a few nights ago, and I can already see it landing highly in my personal end-of-year list. There's some very, very cool stuff here -- anyone who digs To-Mera should definitely check this out. :kickass:

Here is what I wrote over at the PM Rising Board ......

Take part Wolverine, mix in with Dream Theater, throw in some jazzy / circus-like interludes, throw in bits of movie soundtrack, and top it all off with some Prog Rock ...... I think I covered it .... if you can imagine what that mix sounds like .....normally, that specific mix would probably turn me off, but they do NOT lose sight of the melodies at all. The singer sounds a lot like the Wolverine singer -- and along the way there are a couple of growlie parts, but that is quick and painless ... I'm sure its part of the story. ( check out the sinister cover ).

This is truly excellent prog music ......will make Top 3 for the year if not #1.

I guess I'll be the dissenting voice on this one. I like it, and the musicianship is impressive, but it seems too overblown even by prog metal standards. And it doesn't really rock till halfway through the album. It's why I gave up on Pain of Salvation a few years back.

Haken can do it live as well. Seen them in the UK sharing the stage with Riverside, Bigelf and Kings X.

HAKEN OPEN ON SATURDAY WITH SHADOW GALLERY HEADLINING

'HAKEN the London based band will open ProgPower Europe on Saturday 2 October. The band have just released their debut album “AQUARIUS” through the Sensory record label. The reactions in the UK are extremely positive, but also the first reactions outside their homecountry are also very positive. HAKEN's original mix of progrock and metal was the main reason to book these guys Check them out, you won’t be disappointed.'

PROGPOWER EUROPE http://progpower.eu